Is UConn shook since losing to X?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Is UConn shook since losing to X?

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:03 pm

Today's game against No. 6 UConn, St. John's were 14.5-point underdogs and hadn't beaten a top 10 team in nearly two years. That is history as the Red Storm shocked the basketball world by beating UConn 85-74. UConn's Jordan Hawkins gave St. John's all they could handle with a game-leading 31 points, but it wasn't enough. UConn has one win at home in their last 5 games
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
pdxmuskie

Re: Is UConn shook since losing to X?

Postby pdxmuskie » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:18 pm

They seem to be.

Xavier, Creighton and Marquette all seem to have more talent than UCON. Hopefully Xavier can prove that on the court again on Jan 25.
Timeless

Postby Timeless » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:43 pm

pdxmuskie wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:18 pm
They seem to be.

Xavier, Creighton and Marquette all seem to have more talent than UCON. Hopefully Xavier can prove that on the court again on Jan 25.
Those were all away games for UConn, but the St Johns game was a home game for UConn. I watched the replay of the game, and it seemed like UConn players had a hangover maybe from all the away games or maybe because they were waiting for their coach to get a T for something stupid.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:00 pm

I think UConn biggest problem is their lack of a true point guard and since X they have lost their swagger. Also, they foul so much, including their coach! In their last four losses they had 92 personal fouls and in their last 5 they have had 111. Their backcourt doesn't impress, and they are the guys they need to fuel the other players. They have a chance on the road to Seton Hall tonight as Hurley has covid and will not be there.

They are 4-4 in the conference
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:57 pm

Hey Timeless, I was not referring to head to head matchups between Ucon and the teams I mentioned. Simply stating that those teams seem more dangerous to me. Ucon looked great in Portland but that was partly because the competition was overrated and partly because they essentially played their best basketball over Thanksgiving. Other teams have improved at a greater pace than Ucon. They are still dangerous and might make a run at 1st in conference or during the tournament but Creighton and Marquette are likely to be more difficult wins for X. X matches up well with Ucon and less so with the others.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”