Depaul game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Depaul game thread

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:49 pm

Time to pick up a roadkill and keep the streak alive for the #8 team Xavier. DePaul can find ways to lose games, so let's take their hearts out and give them no hope. Do not give them a chance to think they can get a scalp tonight by playing sloppy ball. DePaul is 6-3 at home and 2-7 at other venues including neutral courts.

8:30 PM WKRC for Joe and Byron
FS1 TV Jeff Levering and Nick Bahe
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Re: Depaul game thread

Postby skyhops » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:56 pm

This could be a trap game. DePaul has some talent and plays well at home, just ask Nova
Pandinus

Postby Pandinus » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:25 pm

DePaul always seems to have a collection of great athletes that can be a real nuisance when they click. They don't click more often than not, but the threat is there....
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:09 pm

I just wish X had more than seven guys, like a former All-Freshman BE player who has played effectively, or a Top 50 recruit. Hopefully, the NCAA allows more than seven players next year. Sean could use some options when players commit a lot of turnovers or play matador D. Great coach, but he needs to use more than seven crayons in his big box.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:12 pm

Yes! A Kyky sighting! He better hit four treys in three minutes before he gets pulled.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:32 pm

Tandy is going to get his arse chewed out for that last second three, even though he was on the bench. Depaul was 8-13 from three. I love Boum, but he was 0-5, and played worse defense than Mman when I go for the check placed in front of him at our weekly Mod dinner. Go 2-2 from the line, make a nice assist, but foul a three-point shooter. Pulled. Very motivating.
Sonoma Muskie

Postby Sonoma Muskie » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:38 pm

I was afraid that we’d try to play down to our opponents, but we’ve outdone that by “playing below” them. A rude awakening X. Is really not that good. We are too slow. If DePaul can expose that, then in the post season games it will be mercilessly revealed.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:39 pm

We didn't come ready to Play in the first half. No sense of effort. We act like we can just roll the ball out and be the 8th team in the country. We gave up 45 points in the first half again. Jones, Kunkel and Boum were slow and careless with the ball. We need to up the effort by double. Hate to see Hunter pick up his third foul at the end of the half. Jones especially looks like he is in a daze. Another half with that kind of effort and we could end up a loss.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:45 pm

Kevin Reilly wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:39 pm
We didn't come ready to Play in the first half. No sense of effort. We act like we can just roll the ball out and be the 8th team in the country. We gave up 45 points in the first half again. Jones, Kunkel and Boum were slow and careless with the ball. We need to up the effort by double. Hate to see Hunter pick up his third foul at the end of the half. Jones especially looks like he is in a daze. Another half with that kind of effort and we could end up a loss.
Am I missing something...X has only 6 TOs? Jones has one, Souley has one and Adam has NONE. Granted Colby and Souley are 0-6 and 0-5 respectively and DePaul is shooting 61.5 % from the three
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Sonoma Muskie

Postby Sonoma Muskie » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:05 pm

We’re conducting a clinic on how to throw a game. Away.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”