Crawford
-
dougb
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:07 pm
- Contact:
Crawford
Has anyone heard if Crawford has requested permission to play this season? The last thing I heard was that they were wainting on Indiana's appeal.
-
Murph85
- Posts: 126
- Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:52 pm
- Contact:
Re: Crawford
This decision is huge to the 08-09 season. Sean was clear about the fact that having Crawford raises the chances of a big season from the start. He is a real talent with experience.
Let's hope the NCAA does not penalized the athletes that were baited into attending IU by Sampson. While it appears to be a rather unique exception to allow immediate eligibility, there are talks of severe violations including "failure to monitor." From what I have read that may be enough to allows transfers immediate eligibility.
Let's hope the NCAA does not penalized the athletes that were baited into attending IU by Sampson. While it appears to be a rather unique exception to allow immediate eligibility, there are talks of severe violations including "failure to monitor." From what I have read that may be enough to allows transfers immediate eligibility.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Crawford
I talked to a couple people one said it didn't look like they would get it but the other said the circumstances of the situation should give him a very good argument with the NCAA.
The argument that Crawford has is that he wanted to stay at IU and when he went to a meeting with Crean the coach told him it would be better if he moved on because Crean wanted his guys to play. If that is not a reason for a kid to get to play right away I doubt if there is a good one.
The argument that Crawford has is that he wanted to stay at IU and when he went to a meeting with Crean the coach told him it would be better if he moved on because Crean wanted his guys to play. If that is not a reason for a kid to get to play right away I doubt if there is a good one.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
bleedXblue
- Posts: 852
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:10 am
- Contact:
Re: Crawford
There is NO WAY Crean would have told Crawford to move on. I'm sure he tried to keep some of his talent around. By the looks of things IU will be lucky to win 5 games this year...they have NO ONE coming back..I think maybe 2 players who were on the roster last year return and they were guys that didn't play.
Don't expect Crawford to be eligible......it would be great, but it's a long, long shot.
Don't expect Crawford to be eligible......it would be great, but it's a long, long shot.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Crawford
Bleed, I believe the person I was talking to and so would you if I told you his name (which I can not do because he didn't say I could) trust me I don't pass rumors without talking to people in the know. BTW that same person said that Jordan was going to classes and fully eligible when he was at IU.bleedXblue wrote:There is NO WAY Crean would have told Crawford to move on. I'm sure he tried to keep some of his talent around. By the looks of things IU will be lucky to win 5 games this year...they have NO ONE coming back..I think maybe 2 players who were on the roster last year return and they were guys that didn't play.
Don't expect Crawford to be eligible......it would be great, but it's a long, long shot.
....if I guy wants to stay and he then leaves it certainly supports from the looks of it what this source said.
BTW if Crean is so good a coach he would have held on to one player if he really wanted them and certainly a player that had publicly stated he wanted to stay. Mike Decoursey even reported he wanted to stay.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
bleedXblue
- Posts: 852
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:10 am
- Contact:
Re: Crawford
MM.....look at it from Crawford's perspective....why would he want to stay if the program was going to be sanctioned by the NCAA ? Why would he want to stay if several other players were leaving and they (IU) were likely going to struggle for several years ? Why would he want to stay if he wasn't recruited by Crean ? Why would he want to stay and endure all of the above if he could transfer and flourish at another program ?
Crawford had options too. I think he made the right move. I don't think Crean is a glutton for punishment. He needed to keep SOME talent around to build his program from. Doing otherwise would put him in a really tough spot.....which is where he is today. Why the hell would you leave a great situation (Marquette) for a really bad one ? I'm sure he's second guessed himself a few times.
Crawford had options too. I think he made the right move. I don't think Crean is a glutton for punishment. He needed to keep SOME talent around to build his program from. Doing otherwise would put him in a really tough spot.....which is where he is today. Why the hell would you leave a great situation (Marquette) for a really bad one ? I'm sure he's second guessed himself a few times.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1063 guests
