DePaul game thread BET

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

DePaul game thread BET

Postby muskieman » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:56 pm

DePaul comes back to beat Seton Hall with three FTs down 2 points and then blocks a shot at the rim to win. DePaul was down by 9 points in the second half. Seton Hall's collective sphincters froze up on an inbound play that caused a SH turnover with 3 seconds left and a foul on a three-point shot after that

They are high flyers and pumped with that win
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
edgecliff hall

Re: DePaul game thread BET

Postby edgecliff hall » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:16 pm

Yes, muskieman, that was SOME last three seconds!
norwood44

Postby norwood44 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:16 am

You described it perfectly, but seeing it happen was something else. Don't recall seeing an ending like that.
connecticut72

Postby connecticut72 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:37 am

After the way SH behaved against us I am glad they lost. They really blew it at the end but they are playing short handed. I know it is the BE tourney and I hope we do well but I am looking forward to playing someone anyone outside the conference. It has been a long year playing these white knuckle games against the same teams. I watched the CAA tourney and the style of play seemed so refreshing to me. The tempo was so different than the BE. I love the BE but it was fun to zone in on teams at another level. I guess I watch to much of the power conferences. I am confident about tonight's game but I don think we are deep enough to win 3 days in a row. Look out for Villanova. GO X!!!
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:20 pm

I wanted Seton Hall for a number of reasons, but the most important is beating them is better in the eyes of the committee than a DePaul win and better than getting a possible L against them twice. Seton Hall dropped 3 spots with their loss to DePaul and making them a 78 rather than a 75 and changing them from a Q1 to Q2 win at their house. Depaul went up to 169 to 172, which doesn't help anyone.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:51 pm

The Depaul win has already been painful for X. losing a Quad 1 win just sucks. Losing to Depaul again would be horrific. X needs to come out fired up and continue the effort for 40 minutes. Play the bench if possible, for as long as possible while not allowing Depaul to gain momentum.

This is not a game Miller should risk losing in an attempt to rest players. He should be quick to sub the bench out if it seems even close to Depaul getting a rhythm. Tomorrow might be worth the risk of losing in an effort to rest players.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:03 pm

Officals for tonight's game Jeff Clark, Tony Chiazza, and Pat Driscoll

Miles did not make the trip to NY.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:16 pm

Terrible perimeter defense. Why is Jones out?
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:24 pm

skyhops wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:16 pm
Terrible perimeter defense. Why is Jones out?
3 T.O.s for Jones. DP better start missing. SM has no idea that you can play other defenses other than man. When Tony S outcoaches you, you are in PAt Ewing territory. These are the waters SM is wading in so far tonight.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:25 pm

Horrible start. No defense. Turnovers. Damn. Depaul is playing a lot harder. Boum has been awful on both ends. Need to play some defense.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”