Big East Championshio game

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Kevin Reilly

Re: Big East Championshio game

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:47 pm

Rough start. Need to play strong and with confidence. Go inside.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:51 pm

X is showing some fatigue at the start of the game. Shots are short and not as quick to the ball.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:59 pm

Full court press is bothering Boum. Too much dribbling. Let Jones take it up. Not enough movement or hard cuts on offense. We are a step slow so far. need to move and pick it up. Edwards needs to bang the bodies and slow them down.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:04 pm

We are digging a big hole. Boum is killing us on both ends. Playing very soft. Put in Edwards and Claude.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:09 pm

Pretty ugly. Nunge and Boum are killing us. Wow.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:11 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:51 pm
X is showing some fatigue at the start of the game. Shots are short and not as quick to the ball.
Fatigue? Nah. Scared? Yes. Mman, still feel good about gloating over Boum and Kunkel's rare defensive gems yesterday? Skyrocketing well about the mean tonight with their being defensive liabilities. Might as well get punched in the mouth tonight. Nunge is going to paint his toenails at the hotel tonight while watching Sex in The City.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:18 pm

Nunge looks tired. The whole team except Claude seems slow.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:29 pm

Time for the come to Jesus half time speech. The whole team is tired. Three games in three days is catching up to us. Heck Marquette looks much fresher. Hope we have 2nd half legs.
connecticut72

Postby connecticut72 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:33 pm

Nunge and Souley are dead men walking. They are exhausted not scared. No depth after 3 tough games equals no chance. But please suck it up and don't embarrass us. Give Marquette credit for great defense.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:35 pm

Shaka showing that he is an elite coach. Best young coach in the game. No one employs multiple defenses better than he does. Even all of X's baskets are contested. X got it to Hunter in the 2nd possession of the game in the low post with Kolek guarding him, and never went back to it. They were also completely ill-prepared for the press. Even when they did, they didn't make MQuette pay for it.

I wonder if Sean had a couple of turkey sandwiches and whole milk today. Appears to be suffering from signs of tryptophan consumption. Odd he rarely played Edwards early on in the year with 20 point leads, and despite being completely ineffectual tonight, he is giving him starter minutes in the BE Championship.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”