Nova Game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Nova Game thread

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:11 pm

Swain needs to score, but you can't score if you don't shoot. I thought we had some better shooters in the freshman class, but Green appears to be the only guy Sean trusts.

All night long, it has been off the back flange for X's shots

Nova hitting the three-ball again. Now 15 plus over X from the three. They did this last game when they were behind and just changed the moment of the game.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:13 pm

If Swain could shoot he wouldn’t be at Xavier. Spacing is terrible and our bigs are awful at this point.
XU_2011

Postby XU_2011 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:14 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:11 pm
Swain needs to score, but you can't score if you don't shoot. I thought we had some better shooters in the freshman class, but Green appears to be the only guy Sean trusts.

Nova hitting three again. They did this last game when they were behind and just changed the moment of the game.
I've felt like Swain got reprimanded after missing two breakaway dunks early in the season (on which he was showboating a bit) and now has no confidence to be aggressive or shoot at all.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:15 pm

muskieman wrote:

Nova hitting the three-ball again. Now 15 plus over X from the three. They did this last game when they were behind and just changed the moment of the game.
Swain doesn't shoot because he has a high IQ, and realizes his range is four feet and in. Green should never leave the floor. His D has been as good as anyone's. He has had a couple of deflections-steals and was beat when he got switched onto a 6'8" guard. Sean thinks a team with one shooter on the floor is going to fuel a comeback.
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:19 pm

But running the Steele weave gets lots of open looks
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:26 pm

9-4 on fouls even withou that idiot O’Connell
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:30 pm

gym from delhi wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:26 pm
9-4 on fouls even withou that idiot O’Connell
and ref's blind eyes to the travel for Nova but not X.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:31 pm

Driscoll is just as bad. Some bad calls. Claude not helping our cause.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:34 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:15 pm
muskieman wrote:

Swain doesn't shoot because he has a high IQ, and realizes his range is four feet and in. Green should never leave the floor. His D has been as good as anyone's. He has had a couple of deflections-steals and was beat when he got switched onto a 6'8" guard. Sean thinks a team with one shooter on the floor is going to fuel a comeback.
shame he didn't take that 4 foot shot when it had it
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:36 pm

You can't knock Dixon off his feet unless he is gunning for a foul

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”