Providence game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Providence game thread

Postby muskieman » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:42 pm

SATURDAY, JANUARY 13, @ 2:00 P.M. ET
AMICA MUTUAL PAVILION IN PROVIDENCE, R.I.
TV: FS1 with play-by-play from Dave Sims and analysis from Dickey Simpkins.
RADIO 700 WLW

Both teams are looking to bounce back from Wednesday's losses. Xavier lost 80-75 to No. 4 UConn, while Providence lost 75-73 to St. John's. Xavier beat Providence twice last year, with the last game 94-89
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
connecticut72

Re: Providence game thread

Postby connecticut72 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:40 am

Dickey Simkins please tell me it is not true. He offers no insight just continues to repeat the obvious. He knows nothing about Xavier and continues to spout nonsense. Off with the volume for me otherwise he just ruins the game for me. GO X! We can beat these guys on the road without Hopkins. Carter is the man we must control but he is a tough hard nosed player. It will not be a cake walk but we can get it done. I wish we had a big guy to go along with our guards. Our big guys on the offensive end are hard to watch. Particularly Lazar what a disappointment up to this point.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:49 pm

X down six. Claude almost singlehandedly keeping them in the game along with Green but is playing subpar D again.Swain playing great D again. Olivari is a hot mess on both ends, so Miller takes out Green when he subs, who is playing much better on both ends out of the game. Nice.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:01 pm

Des, with a 19-point first half and X up 1 point at half...should have been 4, but Providence's Gaines makes a deep three at the buzzer. The three ball and some nice D brings X back from 11 points down
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:08 pm

Had a doctors appointment so I missed the first half but great to see Claude putting the ball in the basket .Looks like the freshman helped out too. Go X.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:28 pm

Kevin Reilly wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:08 pm
Had a doctors appointment so I missed the first half but great to see Claude putting the ball in the basket .Looks like the freshman helped out too. Go X.
so after you came back from the Dr(I hope it is nothing serious), X went on a terror..which means had you been here for the first half, X would be walking away with this one :o :P :P :P :lol: :lol: Gytis looking like a player we expected. I hope he continues.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:28 pm

Damn I actually saw the last 3 minutes of the first half. What a run we are on. Nemeiska. Keep shooting those straight on 3 pointers.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:30 pm

Flop by Carter fools refs
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:35 pm

Trey Green.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:36 pm

Five out of six on the 3 point line. Amazing when you take them straight on,. Much easier shot. Claude is getting a little lazy on his defense.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”