Butler game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
pdxmuskie

Re: Butler game thread

Postby pdxmuskie » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:46 pm

Gytis was outstanding. As were Claude, McKnight, Olivari and Ousmane.

Bench didn't do much. Green had a solid game if not for the turnovers.

I mention Gytis first only because his contribution was less about points and many will overlook his significance because of that. Ousmane with another great rebounding game which has become an expectation. He also has 3 assists, 1 steal and 1 turnover.

Much needed win.
connecticut72

Postby connecticut72 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:47 pm

Good win even though it was up and down. Butler is tough. I like the job Sean is doing with our big guys. Nemey whatever his name is played well and has been playing well. Without trying to be a wise guy, can we talk about Claude? For all you naysers letś admit he is not too bad. What will he be like in two years? If he develops the 3, which he will, watch out. I will refrain from saying I told you so. Go X>
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:00 pm

Looking at the stat sheet and the way the team rebounded today is a good thing.

Xavier is now #29 on KenPom after the win. The offensive numbers have increased, and X is now 60th.

highlights https://twitter.com/i/status/1747435335103942828

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:10 pm

Just a beautiful sweet team win.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:59 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:15 pm

I think most love what Cluade is capable of. Many also love his effort in most games. The only real criticism of Claude is that he doesn't currently have 3 point range but continues shooting them.

He was solid his freshman year. Had some turnover issues here and there and that continued in some games this year but he is more confident attacking this year. I also suspect Claude will develop the 3 but for now, if he wants to generate wins, he needs to limit outside shooting and focus on D and attacking the rim. He had a great game.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:58 pm

We must congratulate our little brothers in Clifton for the court-storming win over 19-ranked TCU, but we might suggest a better look is to not storm the court.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:57 am

muskieman wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:58 pm
We must congratulate our little brothers in Clifton for the court-storming win over 19-ranked TCU, but we might suggest a better look is to not storm the court.
this is one where i respectfully disagree. if you're unranked and beat a ranked opponent at home (and it's your first B12 home win at that), then go ahead and storm all you want. the team isn't storming the court. it's a bunch of drunk college kids there supporting their team and having fun. they're not worried about what "a better look is". they're having fun. let 'em have it. wouldn't care at all if our students did it if beat Marq/Uconn/Creighton at home. i'm of the opinion - who cares if they do it. i hope they keep winning. helps out our ranking.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:39 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:57 am
muskieman wrote:
this is one where i respectfully disagree. if you're unranked and beat a ranked opponent at home (and it's your first B12 home win at that), then go ahead and storm all you want. the team isn't storming the court. it's a bunch of drunk college kids there supporting their team and having fun. they're not worried about what "a better look is". they're having fun. let 'em have it. wouldn't care at all if our students did it if beat Marq/Uconn/Creighton at home. i'm of the opinion - who cares if they do it. i hope they keep winning. helps out our ranking.
Small ball mentality …#19? Come on.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:39 am

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:39 pm
longliveskip wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:57 am
muskieman wrote:
Small ball mentality …#19? Come on.
doesn't matter if they're #1 or #25. they were ranked. UC wasn't. it's the KIDS storming/having fun. it was an exciting OT win. has nothing to do with "small ball" mentality. it's celebrating an exciting win. it's like we just LOOK for things on here to make fun of/get angry about from the boys over in Clifton. there's no need. let them have their fun. it's college basketball. enjoy every win as much as you can.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”