Georgetown thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Jesseandrippers

Re: Georgetown thread

Postby Jesseandrippers » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:58 pm

Gutsy win. A bunch of defensive problems but made plays when it counted. A lot of positives to take forward.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:43 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:23 pm

X had no business winning that game, but in the course of the season, it balances out. X led in the final six minutes against Houston were within one possession within one minute against UConn and blew a lab and jumper to lose at Nova by one. They have been in every game this year but one (St. John’s), with one of the top five toughest schedules in the country. Like last year’s team, where everyone significantly improved their offensive metrics relative to their historical averages, especially 3-point shooting, SM has done the same this year. Almost every key player is significantly improving their offensive game. Even though Claude’s 3-point shooting isn’t improving, (it was horrid last year too) his overall game has greatly improved. He is one of the best offensive players in the league because he is so good in the lane. So good. SM said when X was struggling weeks ago, that this team would look a lot different in conference play than they are now, and he was right.

He lost his top six from last year where they overachieved, and his top two players and best shooter on paper in Craft. 30% of minutes come from freshmen, and arguably the most heralded one had a wasted year due to an injury to Djoko. The other minutes primarily come from Claude, who scored 5/ppg last year, and three transfers whose average rating was 110. They lost two Quad three games while the freshmen and three Int’l players were acclimating to CBB speed and physicality. Despite that, their NET is in NCAA Tourney range.

As one of the few who is qualified to make this assessment, as I coached a boy’s and girl’s CYO teams to league titles in the same year, SM is proving to be elite again this year. Thanks for the kudos, btw. As good of a coaching job as he did last year, he is exceeding that so far this year. I didn’t think they’d sniff the Tourney this year, and I still know it’s a long shot, but even being in range considering everything is incredible. Big week, as X’s elite schedule continues with them playing at FF candidate Creighton, and odds on Natl Title winner, UConn. It’s nice being one of the best teams since joining the best league of the past decade (3 of 7 Nat’l Titles), despite the Rip Van Steele years, while still graduating 100% of players, and having a program that operates with the highest integrity.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:53 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:23 pm
X had no business winning that game, but in the course of the season, it balances out. X led in the final six minutes against Houston were within one possession within one minute against UConn and blew a lab and jumper to lose at Nova by one. They have been in every game this year but one (St. John’s), with one of the top five toughest schedules in the country. Like last year’s team, where everyone significantly improved their offensive metrics relative to their historical averages, especially 3-point shooting, SM has done the same this year. Almost every key player is significantly improving their offensive game. Even though Claude’s 3-point shooting isn’t improving, (it was horrid last year too) his overall game has greatly improved. He is one of the best offensive players in the league because he is so good in the lane. So good. SM said when X was struggling weeks ago, that this team would look a lot different in conference play than they are now, and he was right.

He lost his top six from last year where they overachieved, and his top two players and best shooter on paper in Craft, weeks before the season started. 30% of minutes come from freshmen, and arguably the most heralded one had a wasted year due to an injury to Djoko. The other minutes primarily come from Claude, who scored 5/ppg last year, and three transfers whose average rating was 110. They lost two Quad three games while the freshmen and three Int’l players were acclimating to CBB speed and physicality. Despite that, their NET is in NCAA Tourney range.

As one of the few who is qualified to make this assessment, as I coached a boy’s and girl’s CYO teams to league titles in the same year, SM is proving to be elite again this year. Thanks for the kudos, btw. As good of a coaching job as he did last year, he is exceeding that so far this year. I didn’t think they’d sniff the Tourney this year, and I still know it’s a long shot, but even being in range considering everything is incredible. Big week, as X’s elite schedule continues with them playing at FF candidate Creighton, and odds on Natl Title winner, UConn. It’s nice being one of the best teams since joining the best league of the past decade (3 of 7 Nat’l Titles), despite the Rip Van Steele years, while still graduating 100% of players, and having a program that operates with the highest integrity.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:14 pm

just wanna say that I didn't start watching the game until like 17 min left in the 2nd half and we were down 56-44.

you're welcome.

i'll try to start watching earlier next time.

that was an exciting win.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”