Creighton Game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Creighton Game thread

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:25 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:21 am

I wonder what Miller said to get the T because that was a big turning point in the game. McDermott seems to get more of a reprieve than Miller. It is time for our bigs to finally step up. Will Caudle looks like David West compared to the three playing the 5 spot.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:43 am

Disagree ‘Hops. Abou is better than our beloved Will Caudle. But I get your drift…. Abou just needs to quit with the brain dead 2 fouls he gets each game when he bites on a pump fake from a smaller player then does not keep his arms straight up when that player does shoot. Abou misses so much time due to these one to two needless careless fouls each game. Plus it usually results in a 3 pt play for other team with an “and one”. There is hope for Ciani, but he does allow the opponent to guard our other four with 5 defenders as they can ignore Sasa on offense.
My bottom line: it is at the critical juncture of the season. We simply must win some RD games coming up and give ourselves every chance to get back into bubble conversation. Or die trying. To that end, Lazar simply cannot see the floor anymore in meaningful minutes. It is not fair to the rest of the team. Especially Quincy, who only has this go-round to finally experience The Dance. Lazar turned out to be “ a project”. OK, that’s fine. So he needs to be content learning and incubating like Kazi. No shame in that. Abou, Gytis, Dailyn and Sasa NEED to man all the 4/5 minutes going forward. Lazar can play in the the up or down twenty mode.
There, I will now climb down from my soapbox…
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:46 pm

skyhops wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:21 am
I wonder what Miller said to get the T because that was a big turning point in the game. McDermott seems to get more of a reprieve than Miller. It is time for our bigs to finally step up. Will Caudle looks like David West compared to the three playing the 5 spot.
i can't find it now but someone posted the clip with some "lipreading" and it looks like he says something to affect of "that's 4 fouls this half." says it twice. no f-bombs or curse words that i could tell either. that ref just had it in for him. he was terrible.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:16 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:46 pm
skyhops wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:21 am
i can't find it now but someone posted the clip with some "lipreading" and it looks like he says something to affect of "that's 4 fouls this half." says it twice. no f-bombs or curse words that i could tell either. that ref just had it in for him. he was terrible.
I mentioned that their coach as talking to the ref Breeding during a foul shot and after that all the fouls were called on X. After the T Breeding kept yelling something at Sean and even walked down the floor all the while Sean was saying nothing. Breeding was doing the Valentine staredown but Sean ould not bite. Breeding has been the ref that has given more Ts than any other ref last year and today he reffed the Providence game and guess what a T was called on Providence
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”