UConn game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

UConn game thread

Postby muskieman » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:40 pm

SUNDAY, JANUARY 28, 2024 AT NOON ET
XL CENTER IN HARTFORD, CONN.

Television: FS1 with play-by-play from Alex Faust and analysis from Tarik Turner.
Xavier Radio: 700 WLW-AM

OFFICIALS: Tony Chiazza, Jeff Anderson known for his distinctive running style, and Matt Potter,
Tony Chiazza has been involved in some controversial calls involving UConn, such as ejecting Adama Sanogo in UConn's game against St. John’s. Will he pull a Jim Breeding

X neeeds a road win and hy not against a $1. Who will be Lenny Brown
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Re: UConn game thread

Postby olsingledigit » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:38 pm

The BE this year is the hardest I have seen since we have been in the league. Or is this our weakest team since we have been in.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
connecticut72

Postby connecticut72 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:57 am

I will be at the game today. I will bring all the Muskie Madness from this board with me. I hope it is enough to capture the upset. 11.5 pt underdog that seems like a lot of pts does it not? Go Muskies beat those Huskies!!!
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:19 am

Karaban and Spencer are difficult matchups for us based on their size and struggle to go above screens, I would expect the spread to be around 10 based on poor defense last few games. Clingan is back so expect Abu to be in foul trouble early. BE is strong again this year, but we don't have the depth or talent especially at the four and five we did. This is a game we need Jerome and Free.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:00 pm

Have fun UConn72. Bring that Musketeer Magic with you. U Conn is going down. The guards go off for 60. Maybe Hurley can get a couple techs. Go X
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:08 pm

10-0 and X hasn't snifffed the rim until McKnight hits a three
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:12 pm

Tough start. Claude has been awful on both ends. He isn't watching the ball and his man. We are making it very easy on both ends. Swain went underneath the screen at least 5 times on defense already. Better wake up before the game gets out of hand. Claude is very hesitant on offense.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:25 pm

Need Olivari to get going. Very passive effort so far. Claude looks like he doesn't know how to play defense. He is not locating the ball. Claude is just looking at his man and getting picked left and right. Swain is lost on defense too. Ciani is looking good so far. Seven turnovers already.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:29 pm

two times don the floor and des gets stripped led to four points. Layups versus missed layups and stripped drives, This has to be a "WOW we came back from twenty what to win" game. 31-7...
XU_2011

Postby XU_2011 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:30 pm

This is the worst an X team has looked since that neutral site smackdown against Duke in 2007 when we were down by 30 in the first half.

It is Sunday so hopefully Sean goes to confession after the game and admits he did not have our guys even remotely ready to play.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”