UConn game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: UConn game thread

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:20 pm

Swain will be the best four-year player on this current team by his senior year. He isn't polished as a scorer yet, and he knows it. That's part of his maturity and high I.Q. He is X's best defender and a good rebounder. He has also been a very clutch player. I think he has scored the best relative to the pre-season expectations of any player on this team.
Wedgeman

Postby Wedgeman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:28 pm

MM, assuming you’re the moderator based on your response… I’m a 35 yr X season ticket holder, class of 85 X grad. How you deduced that I was a UC troll based on my original deleted post of effort and heart is mind boggling. Enjoy your hobby!🤣
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:30 pm

Sean experimenting with freshmen on floor and KNzeh gets playing time. Swain and Nzeh in together
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:32 pm

Wedgeman wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:28 pm
MM, assuming you’re the moderator based on your response… I’m a 35 yr X season ticket holder, class of 85 X grad. How you deduced that I was a UC troll based on my original deleted post of effort and heart is mind boggling. Enjoy your hobby!🤣
First I did not delet any post of yours today but your mouth is too big for your posts so on this cold day in January you will be taking a vacation if you keep being an ass... No threat but a promise
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Wedgeman

Postby Wedgeman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:35 pm

You missed your calling as a cop… loser.

Kiss my ass… and look me up at the Cintas Center. I’d like to meet you in person vs hiding behind a chat board 👍

Go X!
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:40 pm

Wedgeman wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:35 pm
You missed your calling as a cop… loser.

Kiss my ass… and look me up at the Cintas Center. I’d like to meet you in person vs hiding behind a chat board 👍

Go X!
HAHA hiding, yeah no one knows who I am.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:46 pm

X has been very good overall in transition defense this year, but they have been beaten like a drum today. Having Nzeh, Ciani, and Djoko in doesn't help though. I think Miller should have mixed in zone a lot earlier. UConn is only average shooting threes, and I'd much rather see Newton and Castle doing that than driving to the hole.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Nice to see Nzeh get some time. I like him. Djokovic was playing well too before Ross karate chopped him in the face. Surprised they didn't review that foul. I know I am hard on Swain but almost every game he gets pulled for his defense. You think he will be better than Green? If he is that would be great for Xavier
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:57 pm

Never in the game. Now tied for 8th with Nova... X intimidated by the 7'3" guy and who wouldn't. Expected Spencer to kill us like he did last game but he only scored 5 but did have 6 assists.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:03 pm

Kevin Reilly wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:54 pm
Nice to see Nzeh get some time. I like him. Djokovic was playing well too before Ross karate chopped him in the face. Surprised they didn't review that foul. I know I am hard on Swain but almost every game he gets pulled for his defense. You think he will be better than Green? If he is that would be great for Xavier
You think he gets pulled for his D? I don't see that at all. No one is better guarding in space than he is, and he alters a lot of shots. I think Green will be very good offensively, but his size will often make him vulnerable on D. However, under Miller, who turned an athletically challenged 5'5" pg into a credible defender in Lavendar, I could be wrong.

This game sucked, but thankfully, it only counts as one game. UConn just overshot their averages. Newton and Castle shot 30% and 20% from 3 respectively before today, and made 5 threes, against a very good defensive team. Hopefully, they regroup for the Johnnies.

I'd like to see Djoko with a full preseason. He was supposedly the 2nd best player on the team before then. Playing four freshmen (5, including Nemiksa) in the Conference of Champions is truly baptism under fire.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”