Miller

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Kevin Reilly

Miller

Postby Kevin Reilly » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:28 pm

Wow I'm still worried we might lose Miller again. Does anyone know how he gets along with the AD? Is he happy here? Is the N.I.L. money or lack of a factor ?Does his wife still like it here? Do we pay him like a top 10 coach? I heard the Creighton coach McDermott might be a candidate? Anyone know what he makes?
muskieman

Re: Miller

Postby muskieman » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:05 pm

Ohio State while a high-paying job is at a school that sheds basketball coaches and still is and will be an "also team" school after football Don't lose sleep over a rumor
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:59 am

Our NIL money is fine. I hear Miller is building a new house in the Cincy area. He just signed an extension. FWIW
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:00 pm

Well that's good news if he signed a extension but I read Miller has a very small buyout compared to other big time coaches. If he left with this roster it would take some time to regroup. Matta left for Ohio State I think after a year or two. I think the way to go in college basketball is recruiting High school kids. Let them develop and bond and get better over time. All this quick fix transfer and over seas guys is OK but it's like a new team every year. Still waiting for Miller to bring in a top 10 high school class. When you bring in Olivari, Mcknight.Boum and transfers like that who are 3-4 year veterans it is hard for the freshman to play and develop. The freshman who don't play leave and you are starting all over again with transfers .
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:50 pm

KR,

Amy Miller just bought two Buddy Cards from Larosas, after finding out about Holtman's firing. You don't do that if you're leaving for CBus. Rest easy, my friend.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:00 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:50 pm
KR,

Amy Miller just bought two Buddy Cards from Larosas, after finding out about Holtman's firing. You don't do that if you're leaving for CBus. Rest easy, my friend.
There is a LaRosa's in Dublin, OH (nice Columbus suburb), but I still wouldn't worry about it.
#WHYNOTX?
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:31 pm

I'm feeling more confident by the post but I wish Ohio State would just hire their coach and get it over with. Signing a couple High school bigs would help too.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:41 pm

SM is one of the best coaches in CBB. Every program with an opening will have him on their wish list. Despite playing in the best CBB conference since the inception of the New BE, the drawback of X is obviously not having football, thus limiting its NIL dollars. XU is further hindered by its high academic stds, and expectations of unparalleled integrity from students, players and coaches alike, thus limiting its alumni base even further. I hope Miller stays for another 15 years or so, but this program is so much bigger than any coach. I don't recall the source, but since 1985, X's CBB program is in the top 15 in terms of wins in the NCAA. This, without taking the shortcuts and felonious route of say.....a certain school 3.5 miles away.

Trust me, as Mman and OSD can attest, whenever=ver a Moderator slot opens up at a great school like Lehigh, those two know they'll get a call seeking permission to talk to me. It's the same angst X' CBB program has and will continue to encounter annually.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:39 pm

For the record, there is buzz about Miller to OSU, but here is an interesting perspective about a conversation Gotlieb had with SM last year.

https://watchstadium.com/videos/could-s ... asketball/

If he leaves, let it be this year. I'd take Mack back in a heartbeat; he wanted the job last year.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:16 pm

Good post Anti I happen to agree with Gotlieb as well. Miller is building a house near brother in laws house not sure what that means, but could be a factor as well. Don't under estimate the buddy card I used mine a few weeks ago with Skyhops Jr.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”