Miller

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
skyhops

Re: Miller

Postby skyhops » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:32 pm

Yes Gaudio was asst when Mack was there back in the day. I was there during that time as well.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:04 pm

skyhops wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:32 pm
Yes Gaudio was asst when Mack was there back in the day. I was there during that time as well.
so it is all your fault!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:38 pm

Mack was not a good coach. He typically maximized talent of 1 or 2 players each year, while the rest played below potential. His teams failed to achieve expectations with the exception of a single season, possibly 2.

I have no opinion of him as a person nor have any insight into inappropriate actions he may have committed. His coaching is solid but not good. He was a good to very good recruiter.
yellow20xd

Postby yellow20xd » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:59 pm

xaviermuskie2003 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:58 pm
Miller's assistant and close friend Book Richardson went to prison while Sean sat silent.

Heckuva guy that Miller is.
Coach Miller was probably advised by his lawyers not to make any public statements about the whole situation... I'm sure he reached out privately... I've seen a few articles about Book and he didn't express any animosity towards Coach MIller... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:50 am

pdxmuskie wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:38 pm
Mack was not a good coach. He typically maximized talent of 1 or 2 players each year, while the rest played below potential. His teams failed to achieve expectations with the exception of a single season, possibly 2.

I have no opinion of him as a person nor have any insight into inappropriate actions he may have committed. His coaching is solid but not good. He was a good to very good recruiter.
ummmm, is this for real? you don't become Xavier's all-time winningest coach by being "solid". good grief, man.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:36 am

longliveskip wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:50 am
pdxmuskie wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:38 pm

ummmm, is this for real? you don't become Xavier's all-time winningest coach by being "solid". good grief, man.
SM is one of the best coaches in cbb, so will be on everyone's shortlist, along with the likes of Bruiser Flint. I hope he stays, but X is an academic-focused university (go figure) with a small alumni base due to its high character and academic standards, criteria that doesn't hinder most schools including UNLV East across town, so NIL will always be a competitive issue. However, unlike most schools, despite X not taking shortcuts or compromising its integrity with student-athletes (something we don't have in common with UNLV East), it is still in the top 20 for most Elite 8s in the past two decades, proving it canl persevere.

Again, I hope SM stays, but if not, I would take Mack back in a hearbeat. In fact, I wouldn't interview anyone else if he would accept the job, which he would.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:37 pm

Just to put to rest Miller and OSU Jake Diebler will continue to coach Ohio State. The Buckeyes officially hired Diebler as their new head coach on Sunday. He received a five-year contract after closing the season as Ohio State's interim coach
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:34 pm

Miller was never going to OSU. He is happy at Xavier and Allegedly OSU was not happy with the situation that happened with him at Arizona. Not my opinion but truth from sources. Let’s hope he can find some NIL money for Des.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:49 pm

skyhops wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:34 pm
Miller was never going to OSU. He is happy at Xavier and Allegedly OSU was not happy with the situation that happened with him at Arizona. Not my opinion but truth from sources. Let’s hope he can find some NIL money for Des.
My post was more for the people who seemed to think or were upset that some news had Sean and Mays as the two candidates. It turned out the coach made a good end of the season and was rewarded.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:36 pm

skyhops wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:34 pm
Oh,

I have no doubt OSU immediately had a hugh man crush on Miller the moment they fired Holtman. Too many sources close to the program floated his name immediately, and many national pundits did as well. Even the Columbus Dispatch, who has a local reporter embedded with the team and certainly has inside sources consistently reported Miller and May as the two coaches OSU was targeting for weeks now, like every other high major opening.

Also, the alleged, weak excuse flies in the face of facts: Findings from an independent compliance agency concluded that not only was Miller completely innocent at AZ, but they also even took the unusual step of saying he was adamant to his rouge assistants like Book like they always act with the utmost integrity. In other words, he exerted insitutional control. That certainly was never said of the three most corrupt coaches in modern NCAA history, in order of thuggery and scumbaggery: Huggins, aka Otis Campbell, Tarkanian, and Dave Bliss. Asterisk has to go to Huggin's money man. 5-3' Mick Cronin, who helped Huggins run NIL in the 90s before it was sanctioned.

Quick tangent. Cronin was a JV coach at Woodward in the 90s when their 5-star junior Damon Flint committed to OSU. He apparently came back with a free duffle bag. You heard me, a duffel bag. Cronin, who would throw his dad under a bus to further his career, gave a call to Otis Campbell at UC, and the NCAA got an anonymous call about the freebie. The NCAA said that Flint would be ineligible if he went to OSU, so ended up at UC. The underachieving Mick Cronin's career at UC coincidentally began the following year as a video coordinator and he became the Chris Moltisanti to Tony, Otis Campbell Huggins' Tony Soprano' alter ego. Except Soprano's crew committed les felonies. All of a sudden, the likes of Fortson Long, Satterfield and others were sighted driving around campus in new, luxury imports with titles under the names of aunts who made 20k a year.

But I digress. OSU had to say something after their multiple, unrequited responses from Miller telling them he had no interest to going to the prom with them, so the mudslinging began. This won't be the last program to court Miller. Again, better that, than having a coach not wanted by so many programs.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”