Why I hate osu and other misery

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
skyhops

Re: Why I hate osu and other misery

Postby skyhops » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:42 am

Sounds like he is staying from sources, hopefully now he will stop complaining about the lack of talent that he is responsible for bringing in.
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:13 am

It would be so disappointing if he were to leave again.I don't think he leaves.I don't think the salary is as big an issue anymore for Sean .I like to think he came back because he wants to be here.NIL would be the only reason for him to jump ship
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:46 pm

skyhops wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:42 am
Sounds like he is staying from sources, hopefully now he will stop complaining about the lack of talent that he is responsible for bringing in.
If the prior administration had done their job, there wouldn't be a lack of talent. What I'm talking about is the fact that there was no other upperclassman, besides Free, that was on the roster and came in as a freshman. Not only did the players that were brought in by the tin man almost all lack the talent to play high D! ball, but he swung and missed, or failed to actively recruit, dozens more that did become good players at other schools.

As it is, Miller has brought in Green and Swain (who made the all-freshman team), was able to keep Claude from transferring out, and bought on Souly Boum, Olivari, and McKnight as quality transfer players. The euro bigs were last minute transfers brought in because of a need that occurred after the transfer portal was closed. He can hardly be blamed for not knowing last spring that Free and Hunter wouldn't be physically able to play this past season. He inherited senior laden roster that was very short on depth, especially lacking any underclassman depth, added a high-quality shooting guard transfer, and led them to the BE championship game and a sweet 16.

I expect to see 4-5 new players on next years active roster and for at least 3 of them to have at least 2 years of eligibility left.
#WHYNOTX?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:39 am

Freemantle's foot was in bad shape and most in the program knew it was doubtful he would be back this year. Ciani was the only Euro big that was added after knowing Hunter was out. Ciani might not even be a D1 player, so losing him is not big deal. Lazar had been recruited by Miller for a while and it is obvious why after his play against Marquette. Gytis is hit or miss, but can be valuable as a 7th/8th player on a team. Abu was recruited hard by many teams and even had 37 points last year in a game. He seems to be unstable on the court and leads the league in intentionally ripping his jersey and missing layups. Not sure how Swain feels about staying, but Green and Claude will take money and effort to keep. Hoping and wishing for the portal to make most of your starting lineup ins dangerous, which is why you can't swing and miss on recruits (Ducharme, Cam, etc.).
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:15 pm

Skyhops I agree 100% we need to focus on high school kids. I am not sure Green is worth the effort or money to keep. Claude is worth both the effort and money to keep and I think he would foolish to move on. He can't shoot and at Xavier he is the man. Abu seems to be unstable? LOL You mean laughing insanely after he commits another head scratching foul .I wonder if he lead the Big East in fouls? Swain is another potential guy and a guy who will play a lot at Xavier but he can't shoot either. it's not a given that Claude and Swain will ever turn into good shooters. I don't think they will but they both are good players. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on Swain either. I am a huge Miller fan but am surprised at our high school recruits so far. Hope we do a lot better this off season.
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:19 am

I have no opinion on if Miller will stay other than to say it would look bad for him as a person if he left a 2nd time. Especially when X was the first to show confidence in his character and give him another shot.

I don't have any understanding of the NIL money. Paying a kid to stay that could go pro makes sense. Paying a kid that will eventually go pro to stay also makes sense. Paying a potentially good player that has 1 season with ups and downs seems silly. Seems most players should stay if they feel they are treated well, have an opportunity to make a tourney run and have all they need to develop. If they can get sponsors, do commercials, model or whatever, great, but not sure why anyone would expect it unless they are on the verge of making a leap.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”