NIT

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
pdxmuskie

Re: NIT

Postby pdxmuskie » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:45 pm

Winning the NIT would be fun. Losing the first round would not be. I'll hopefully tune in for the game but 4 is early, especially when I have Thursday/Friday off to watch the action.

Yes I know the game is at 7 for some of you but those of us living in a picturesque setting with mild weather 95% of the year have a different clock.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:37 pm

Ousmane is playing very well. Hope he doesn't pick up another foul .Djokovic and Olivari really struggling. Georgia doesn't look very good very beatable. Green has let his man drive right to the basket twice already, Good to see Nzeh get back in there
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:51 pm

Very poor effort on defense by the whole team . Claude is not Engaged at all. Very uninspired effort.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:02 pm

Abou is honoring Ramadam and has lost 12 lbs. looks a little quicker but is getting tired quicker and asking out a lot. Quincy needs to get his offense going because he has had little input in front of 40 family members

The D is awful tonight and the guys are getting bullied. Did I not see Green yet? I hope that doesn't mean negative things

Whenever you let the other team score 46 point in the first half things are not working
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:05 pm

Grenn got in twice and got burned twice . His man driving right to the basket for lay ups in a half court offense. He really doesn't know how to play defense.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:10 pm

Kevin Reilly wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:05 pm
Grenn got in twice and got burned twice . His man driving right to the basket for lay ups in a half court offense. He really doesn't know how to play defense.
Driving right pass someone was a common occurrence tonight. McKnight doesn't seem engaged. The second half seems to be starting the same way now down 14
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:23 pm

Please have these players work on their hand-eye coordination and work on their flexibility. Guys, when you are doubled by two big men, don't try and throw the ball overhead, try and split the D and bounce pass. This team was once a semi-decent passing team, but tonight, they are telling their opponents where they are throwing the pass, and G is saying I'll take that ball.

9-0 make the game 63-42
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:51 pm

Playing the last 2 wars has turned X's fortune into promising. Only down 10, had it down to 8, after being down by 22 Laz has looked good and KN has been rebounding like a madman. If they could just stop Georgia.

Des has 5 three and the lead is down to 7
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:14 pm

ref did not give X any chance at the end. The last two shots were blocked, with one of them a foul.

A season of many heartbreaks ends with a heartbreak
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:17 pm

With Claude you get the Good...30 points and the bad 6 turnovers including the coming up empty the last three possessions and terrible defense. Olivari had a very tough night. Great comeback but we couldn't finish.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”