Portal time and names

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
XU'59

Re: Portal time and names

Postby XU'59 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 pm

That sounds great, but don't we still have a scholarship or two to give. I don't feel confident about Hunter and another BIG or two would give a super rotation.Thirty minutes seems like a lot for these guys running up and down the court.
Would SM consider Abou to come back as a filler?
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:03 pm

are we officially DONE in the portal or can we expect something else in the next couple days?
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:48 pm

Agree with recent posts that this seems to be to perfect final piece. 2nd experienced quality post who can really rebound the ball. I feel we were fortunate to land Lassina so a hearty Xavier Nation WELCOME!! No insight of course but I would have to believe we are done with significant additions from the portal. Since we have 2 slots open, maybe if there is a talented young shooting guard type from a D-2 program that wants to join for the experience as a developmental player- that could be mutually beneficial and enhance scrimmages. Taking a step back - wow!! Just a phenomenal job by the staff. Way beyond my expectations…! Let’s F’ing Go…
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:05 pm

This doesn't mean X is finished just more selective
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:53 pm

Maybe another lower level rated player with high upside that sit and watch and develop.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed May 01, 2024 10:46 am

Still available
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed May 01, 2024 1:17 pm

ranked Incoming Transfer Class at http://EvanMiya.com

olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed May 01, 2024 8:09 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:17 pm
ranked Incoming Transfer Class at http://EvanMiya.com

Who is our 5 star in
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
yellow20xd

Postby yellow20xd » Wed May 01, 2024 9:49 pm

So if Dez doesn't land at a new gig, did he burn the return bridge???... Or does he swallow his pride and sign with a lesser for less money???... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed May 01, 2024 11:58 pm

yellow20xd wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:49 pm
So if Dez doesn't land at a new gig, did he burn the return bridge???... Or does he swallow his pride and sign with a lesser for less money???... Dan
First of all, Des will land somewhere good, but the prospects of playing point guard at a high major like X are pretty slim, IMO. Nevertheless, he'll get a big, bag of money.

Secondly, he didn't burn the bridge, but X has high-quality depth at the 1-3 positions, so his spot has been filled. I wish Des all the best. He represented X very well on and off the court. I hope he has a hell of a year, and makes it to the League, where Swain will be in 3 years, assuming he develops a consistent mid-range game.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”