Portal time and names

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
yellow20xd

Re: Portal time and names

Postby yellow20xd » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:59 am

Kevin Reilly wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:34 pm
LOL Claude wants 500,000 dollars , a NBA shooting coach and a personal trainer...
Shouldn't a guy making $500,000 hire and pay for his own shooting coach and personal trainer???... X already provides a training staff and assistant coaches... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:14 pm

LOL. Great post Yellow20xo. Nice to hear a touch of reality in this crazy N.I.L. world
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:37 am

Abu enters the portal probably should have tried to keep him as a backup. The rebuild is starting.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:58 pm

This one screams that either there is an earthquake across the NCAA division 1 landscape, or there’s an earthquake inside the Musketeers program. Because there is no way Abou is going to attract a top-tier power of five program. And he only has one year left, so why go someplace where you have to start over and learn whole new systems, offense and defense? That is a lot of work.
I would love to know the details, but of course, we never will. Did Coach Miller persuade him to leave? I am not all that upset about this individual loss, unless, as I mentioned above, it indicates there’s a huge rift inside of our program.
Basketball wise, Abou was back up quality at best. It really irritated me that he never progressed throughout the whole season and learning how to not commit silly fouls, how to control his bipolar temper, and most of all - why, he never learned how to keep the ball moving and realize that he was allowed to pass back out of the post.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:51 pm

Xavier G Brad Colbert has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:56 pm

Xavier will have 6-foot-10 big man Josh Cohen on campus for a visit this week. Cohen has one year of eligibility left.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:30 pm

Giving Greens minutes to Colbert will come back to bite Miller. If Free and Hunter don’t come back we will have another patchwork team. More portal entrees to come, stand by.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Wow . All the Bigs are leaving except Djokovic and Nemeiksa. I will say I am surprised about Ousmane. He didn't have a lot of offensive skills but he was tough and gave it his all. He was foul prone and that hurt him and us. Sounds like the team wasn't very close and I guess that can happen with 9 new guys. I believe Miller will turn this around. We look like we will hitting the portal very heavy now. Still don't know why we only have one high school recruit for next year. I know a lot of recruiting good High School kids is a two to three year process. I hope that is the reason instead of us not having enough N.I. L. money. Skyhops probably knows but maybe that information is better kept quite.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:22 pm

Kam Craft commits to Miami
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:28 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:22 pm
Kam Craft commits to Miami
Fla or Ohio
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”