Xavier on DirecTV
-
Norwood Cafe
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:49 am
- Contact:
Xavier on DirecTV
Has anyone ever purchased the package that would include most (now all) XU games? What is the name of it? How did the logistics work and were you able to neatly cancel the package at the end of the year? Did any blackouts occur?
-
somebody
- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Xavier on DirecTV
On a somewhat related topic. For us poor folk that have TWC (save the smart remarks!) and alas, live in Central Ohio ... I usually can find a schedule of the FSNO games that will be preempted by Cavs or Blue Jackets or whatever. If anyone has seen it for this year (or has taken the time to figure it out, which I am too lazy to do) I would appreciate that information. I should be good on everything else, I believe, as I have ESPNU now for a while and I have a package with the CBS Sports Network (the old CSTV).
It's just what somebody thinks ...
-
brownlavender
- Posts: 345
- Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm
- Contact:
Re: Xavier on DirecTV
I purchased the sports pack last year, it's like $10 to $12 a month. It included all the CSTV and Fox sports coverage. However it didn't cover any of the games on ESPNU, i think that's another charge if you want that. Besides being able to watch the majority of all the X games you also get a lot of other college basketball coverage through all the fox sports networks. It was nice because there were always game to watch, even late night u got all the west coast games so if your a college basketball nut like me it's a pretty good deal and it's also easy to cancel come march
-
Rock-X
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Xavier on DirecTV
I have had the DirecTV Sports package for several years and I get all the channels listed, even ESPNU and have been able to see all of the Muskie games. I not sure if this is an "upgraded" sports package or not. I don't recall being billed extra. I have NOT lost picture during games. Recently, I purchased a HD tv and have experienced several "satellite lost" blackouts, but not on any other tv with DirecTV. At this point, I'm sure it's an HD problem, but that is the only TV this occurs on. Too lazy to look into. Hope this helps.
-
cmucker
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:52 am
- Contact:
Re: Xavier on DirecTV
I have subscribed to the DirecTV sports package for the last 3 seasons. It has been OK. Each year a few games get the blackout treatment. I call DirecTV and they blame the blackout on the A-10, which makes no sense. Direct claims the A-10 doesn't want the games shown in the Rocky Mt. region.
I don't think they have published the ESPN Full Court scedule. In the past, ESPN has optioned XU games so certain Fox TV games were blacked-out in the west unless you got the Full Court Package. I'm still amazed that I have been able to watch more than 20 Xavier games per year for the past 4 years in Boise, ID.
Sloth
I don't think they have published the ESPN Full Court scedule. In the past, ESPN has optioned XU games so certain Fox TV games were blacked-out in the west unless you got the Full Court Package. I'm still amazed that I have been able to watch more than 20 Xavier games per year for the past 4 years in Boise, ID.
Sloth
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 953 guests
