See ya Dez

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
bluegrass
Posts: 3385
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

See ya Dez

Postby bluegrass » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 pm

Claude in the portal Not surprised I'm sure he'll get paid better somewhere else.Next up!!
yellow20xd
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:41 am
Contact:

Re: See ya Dez

Postby yellow20xd » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 pm

Later gator... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Lead Guitar
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: See ya Dez

Postby Lead Guitar » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 pm

Assume that the two new guards along with McKnight and Green will pick up the slack with Swain in a lesser role than Claude, will get a good opportunity at the 3 along with Powell and maybe even Hunter. Swain won’t have to be the big contributor, but a vital cog. Just as Claude came through as a sophomore, we should expect Swain to make strides, but the seniors on the team will be the leaders.

Hate the way the portal has changed recruiting and fan and player loyalty, but for the time being, we will have to adjust and live with it.
User avatar
olsingledigit
Posts: 6001
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: See ya Dez

Postby olsingledigit » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:06 pm

Lead Guitar wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 pm
Assume that the two new guards along with McKnight and Green will pick up the slack with Swain in a lesser role than Claude, will get a good opportunity at the 3 along with Powell and maybe even Hunter. Swain won’t have to be the big contributor, but a vital cog. Just as Claude came through as a sophomore, we should expect Swain to make strides, but the seniors on the team will be the leaders.

Hate the way the portal has changed recruiting and fan and player loyalty, but for the time being, we will have to adjust and live with it.
This fan has never left his loyalty. Entering my 41st year as a season ticket holder and 61st year as a fan. Both without a break!
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Lead Guitar
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
Contact:

Re: See ya Dez

Postby Lead Guitar » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:44 am

Sounds like we have been following Xavier basketball (and football) for the same amount of time. My dad took be to my first game in the 3rd grade in ‘57. I had access to tickets thru my uncles until I got my own tickets in ‘86. Bleeding blue for a lifetime!
XU_2011
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: See ya Dez

Postby XU_2011 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:54 am

Des ranked #60 in CBS transfer rankings:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... ong-class/

The disrespect lol. But not surprising.
Kevin Reilly
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: See ya Dez

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:03 pm

XU 2011. I am not surprised by Claude's ranking. He made a huge jump in scoring but his passing, shooting, defending , passion and hustle all were below average. I think he has it in him to be a much better all around player but his ranking to me was higher than he deserved. I wish him well but with the guards we picked up we sure look like a more talented team. Sounds to me and I have no real knowledge that he was receiving some poor advice from someone ( family, friends or agent). Anyways good luck Des and maybe a new coach can get him to play a all around game.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 25974
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: See ya Dez

Postby muskieman » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:11 pm

XU_2011 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:54 am
Des ranked #60 in CBS transfer rankings:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... ong-class/

The disrespect lol. But not surprising.
It's interesting to see they ranked Ryan Conwell at #33 and Dante Maddox at #47; they called Des' three-point shooting an eyesore. ouch
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: See ya Dez

Postby Jesseandrippers » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:29 pm

XU_2011 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:54 am
Des ranked #60 in CBS transfer rankings:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... ong-class/

The disrespect lol. But not surprising.
I dont think there is much consensus in these rankings outside of a few of the top guys. They mean very little. Claude should be ranked much higher. He is still very young and does a lot very well, despite his shortcomings.
XU_2011
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: See ya Dez

Postby XU_2011 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:15 pm

Kevin Reilly wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:03 pm
XU 2011. I am not surprised by Claude's ranking. He made a huge jump in scoring but his passing, shooting, defending , passion and hustle all were below average. I think he has it in him to be a much better all around player but his ranking to me was higher than he deserved. I wish him well but with the guards we picked up we sure look like a more talented team. Sounds to me and I have no real knowledge that he was receiving some poor advice from someone ( family, friends or agent). Anyways good luck Des and maybe a new coach can get him to play a all around game.
Fair points, certainly. But he was 9th in scoring in the BE and has 2 years of eligibility left. 6'6" guard with an NBA-ready body. If you look at how many mid-major guys are ranked ahead of him, it seems like a bit of an insult. But as was said by someone, there's hardly a concensus on these rankings. Still fascinating.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests