Powell Out

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Kevin Reilly

Re: Powell Out

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat May 04, 2024 1:27 pm

Gym From Delhi I might have the last name wrong. I know his first name was Rudy. We were both freshman in 1970. By far the most talented Xavier basketball player while I was there. He might have had a girlfriend in West Virginia. he went home a lot .I couldn't find a freshman roster for 1970 but his last name was something like Thompson.
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Sat May 04, 2024 4:04 pm

Kevin, I thought he was earlier than that, as I was away at college and didn't get to see many X games (thankfully so after Bob Quick graduated). I do recall the guy I was thinking of being about 6"6" and left-handed.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Sat May 04, 2024 9:18 pm

That's him.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun May 05, 2024 7:05 pm

Kevin Reilly wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 7:21 pm
Muskieman ( freshman team ) that's a great idea but it's all about the money now. By the way have you recovered from your surgery ?
Unfortunately, it was a biopsy, and the result is prostate cancer.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Mon May 06, 2024 7:40 pm

Your going to be fine Muskieman. I had mine taken out a couple years ago. I think the stats say most of us over 60 have it. I know of three Xavier classmates who had it and ( operated on ) and we are all fine. As long as you take care of it you will be OK. We will say some prayers for you. Stay strong brother.
XavierBob

Postby XavierBob » Mon May 06, 2024 8:12 pm

Ed,
Prayers for a successful healing. If you need anything you know how to find me. You were there through my battle that will never be forgotten.
oldhoopster

Postby oldhoopster » Mon May 06, 2024 8:31 pm

Prayers to you from another who’s been through it. Di Vinci or Johnny five as I called it took mine out. As the others said, get it taken care of and you’ll be fine. God bless.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon May 06, 2024 9:14 pm

Prayers to Muskieman from the Skyhops family and our souces.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Mon May 06, 2024 10:36 pm

Ed prayers your way. You will be ok I am sure. God bless you.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat May 11, 2024 9:53 pm

I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but Thanks to everyone, and keep me in your prayers.

Sad to see Powell leave but maybe West Virginia will be what he wants and needs. X moved on and now has become older and more experienced. Sean has more options, and the hot hand will play. I think we will see Miller at his best managing the playing time.

I don't think Sean will give up on high school players in the future, but the portal will always be important, and fans will have to get used to many new faces coming into Xavier Nation every year.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”