http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/1 ... op_25.html
This is the highest preseason ranking I've seen for X.
Cleve. P-D writer puts X at preseason #12!
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Cleve. P-D writer puts X at preseason #12!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
brownlavender
- Posts: 345
- Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm
- Contact:
Re: Cleve. P-D writer puts X at preseason #12!
I like the ranking but the message after that is cleary dilusional. I miller stays at X we will be the best team in the state for years to come. Just curious when haven't we been??
-
CarlosTheJackal
- Posts: 462
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
- Contact:
Re: Cleve. P-D writer puts X at preseason #12!
LB, for starters we were not the best team in Ohio the year Ohio State went to the Finals.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Cleve. P-D writer puts X at preseason #12!
we were seconds and a prayer from being it that year too.CarlosTheJackal wrote:LB, for starters we were not the best team in Ohio the year Ohio State went to the Finals.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
BlueBlob
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: Cleve. P-D writer puts X at preseason #12!
We were a blown flagrant foul of Justin Cage getting thrown into the cheerleaders by Oden.
I have to admit I did chuckle a little when I saw he is out again with the foot injury. I don't wish injury on anyone at anytime, but I still have no love lost for him.
I have to admit I did chuckle a little when I saw he is out again with the foot injury. I don't wish injury on anyone at anytime, but I still have no love lost for him.
-
Masterofreality
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Cleve. P-D writer puts X at preseason #12!
Actually, Elton has been a big fan of Xavier way back when Beaknose was coach and is a huge Sean Miller fan. He also believes, unlike many scribes, that the A-10 is usually undervalued as to the quality of its play. He has written in the past that the A-10 is one league that isn't afraid to schedule tough teams in non-conference and he's taken the Big Least to task for not doing so. He has lost some of his admiration for Pinocchio in recent years, however.
I also think that Elton does have a soft spot for Xavier because of Mike Bobinski's past AD job at Akron where they got to know each other pretty well.
I also think that Elton does have a soft spot for Xavier because of Mike Bobinski's past AD job at Akron where they got to know each other pretty well.
PAY THE MAN!!!!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 606 guests
