Page 1 of 2

Xavier lands Top 50 2010 PF

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:18 pm
by X Factor
2010 PF Jordan Latham, ranked #44 in the country by Rivals, committed to Xavier today during his visit!!

Great job by Coach Miller and Book!

Re: Xavier lands Top 50 2010 PF

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:42 pm
by Shadow

Re: Xavier lands Top 50 2010 PF

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:03 pm
by Mr. Neutral
X's recruiting keeps getting better and better. Congratulations to Coach Miller and his staff.

Re: Xavier lands Top 50 2010 PF

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:00 pm
by AlabamaMuskie
I don't want to start an argument here - this is just my opinion...

Miller is underpaid. I know he got a raise this offseason but it was not enough. We need to pay him more - much more.

As I am writing this I am fully aware that I was one of the Miller Haters (Jan. of season 2). I was wrong then but I am right now.

Re: Xavier lands Top 50 2010 PF

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:26 pm
by CarlosTheJackal
bama muskie...

Miller is paid just fine in contract dollars. If it was about money he would be gone by now.

How do we "pay" Miller now? Stay loyal, stay the course, make it a great "No Whine" place to work when something goes slightly wrong, or incredible expectations are not met. Let his new players make mistakes while learning how to play his system. Make sure home games sell out. Represent on the road wherever and whenever possible.

As long as Xavier seems like a place he can get to the Final Four, we got ourselves a coach.

Re: Xavier lands Top 50 2010 PF

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:45 pm
by muskieman
While Coach Miller may >>>> some day(I can not say the word) I feel like he thinks he can get to the promise land here at X and with the recruiting he is doing I agree.

Bama Muskie when you send in that $1 mill contribution every year make sure you tell the school it is earmarked for Miller's salary....

Re: Xavier lands Top 50 2010 PF

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:33 am
by Masterofreality
This kid has a chance to be a stud.

The train keeps a rollin'.......

Re: Xavier lands Top 50 2010 PF

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:40 am
by Shadow
Well said, Carlos, extremely well said!

Re: Xavier lands Top 50 2010 PF

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:28 am
by AlabamaMuskie
lol... my check is in the mail with "Send to Miller" written on the memo line. :)

Re: Xavier lands Top 50 2010 PF

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:58 am
by DETROIT
I agree on doing everything possible to keep Miller And I too have to eat some crow I was not his biggest fan either early on in his career. I admit it I was wrong.

If there is extra money to be thrown around I would make sure that Book is kept happy. He is as much or more responsible for getting these recruits on campus. Once they are on campus Xavier sells itself.