Tonight, X gets its first chance at an opponent not wearing an X uniform. Dayton might not have the names X has, but they have a 7-plus-footer, 235 lbs, from France and some decent perimeter scoring. Dayton also has a former Marquette player, Zaide Lowery, and a former UK player, Travis Perry. Watch for the Xavier D, because they will face a challenge from UD's perimeter shooters.
X fans should be watching Nwoko, Westry, Washington, & Dominguez to see how well they blend. I, for one, want to see Dominguez shooting ability, and I hope Pozz gets his feet wet to see if the rust is gone and how he can create Offense. Our most interesting freshman, Kalek House, will see his first college competition. He could be our answer at backup point guard, not a step down from Chance Westry. We know what Jovan Milicevic brings to the table, but how will his power-forward role enhance last year's Jovan? Rolyns Aligbe and Nikos Chitikoudis will be intriguing behind Nwoko, so watch how Richard uses them.
It is a shame we will not get to see the other most interesting freshman, Asher Elson, who is sidelined with a foot injury.
I am sure that the coaches of both teams will be in full experimental mode tonight. I just hope and pray this outdoor venue brings no problems. Virginia and Vanderbilt play outdoors, and the game brought terrible shooting from the foul Line. Lighting and sunlight might be factors. I just hope the floor is not slick and that the teams are healthy for the season.
No TV but Joe and Lark will be on the Varsity Network App
X vs Dayton exhibition
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
X vs Dayton exhibition
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: X vs Dayton exhibition
Domingues scores three within the first 5 seconds of the game. X gets a turnover on the first UD possession. Nwoko has 2 fouls in first couple of possessions.
Westry had assist and score 5-1 X
Westry had assist and score 5-1 X
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: X vs Dayton exhibition
Nowko with slam off Jovan miss. 7-4 X
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: X vs Dayton exhibition
Tru has had a couple of shots blocked, but still took it to the rim and drew a foul Pozz in and so is House Tur scores one of two fouls 8-6 X
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: X vs Dayton exhibition
first TO score 10-10 with Dayton at line
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: X vs Dayton exhibition
House has a steal, but the ball goes out of bounds. Braydon commits foul 3 team foul missed both fouls. Nowoko picks up a 3rd foul and does not play for 3 minutes.
Pozz plays good D and Dayton turns it over. Jovan loses ball but Dayton did score.
POZZ hits a three and looked good
Pozz plays good D and Dayton turns it over. Jovan loses ball but Dayton did score.
POZZ hits a three and looked good
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: X vs Dayton exhibition
Nowoko has 4 fouls. Still on floor.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: X vs Dayton exhibition
Westry with a great pass. Mill steps back and X 19-12
X is picking up fouls 6 to UD's 4
X is picking up fouls 6 to UD's 4
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: X vs Dayton exhibition
Washington nice drive after really nice assist from Westry 21-12
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: X vs Dayton exhibition
Rubin with his second 3. He shoots it so fast you can't blink. Westry half-court pass to Nikos, who is fouled 26-12 Pozz steals, and Rubin with third three 29-12
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 813 guests
