Derrick's Status?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
somebody
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:09 pm
Contact:

Derrick's Status?

Postby somebody » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:06 am

Has anybody heard anything on the condition of Derrick's injury? I did not see anything in Dow's article this morning other than what we already knew ... that he was injured. It seemed like Sean, in the postgame interview, did not seem overly concerned but believe he said he did not expect him to be back immediately.

It's just what somebody thinks ...
User avatar
olsingledigit
Posts: 6080
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: Derrick's Status?

Postby olsingledigit » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:49 am

I am amazed that no one has any info on Derrick's status. It certainly is early in the season - even for MM posters. Lets see if some of the students or locals who post here can get some good info on Derrick's status. He is the key to our success this year.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
somebody
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Derrick's Status?

Postby somebody » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:03 pm

olsingledigit wrote:I am amazed that no one has any info on Derrick's status. It certainly is early in the season - even for MM posters. Lets see if some of the students or locals who post here can get some good info on Derrick's status. He is the key to our success this year.
I am surprised also and anxious to hear. I rather figured somebody would have heard something by now but I guess not.

It's just what somebody thinks ...
MuskieCinci
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Derrick's Status?

Postby MuskieCinci » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:23 pm

When Derrick walks around campus normally it looks like he could have bad knees and ankles, he just has a weird sort of walk to him. I don't think seeing him walking around campus would really give us that good of an indication unless it is serious. I was under the impression though that it was a minor injury, and if it wasn't an exhibition game a week before the season starts he would have kept playing. I'm sure they are being extra careful with him though because right before the season starts would be a horrible time to aggravate something.
PeterG
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Derrick's Status?

Postby PeterG » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:02 pm

According to Andy Mac's new article above: " Derrick Brown tweaked an ankle. He apparently is alright."
somebody
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Derrick's Status?

Postby somebody » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:18 pm

PeterG wrote:According to Andy Mac's new article above: " Derrick Brown tweaked an ankle. He apparently is alright."
Thanks for the reports, guys! But I would feel a lot better if the word "apparently" was not in there. :) But sounds promising.

It's just what somebody thinks ...
somebody
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Derrick's Status?

Postby somebody » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:49 pm

According to DD today in his blog:
Tonight is the first edition of the Sean Miller radio show (airs on 550-AM from 7-8 p.m.) at Ryan's Pub on XU's campus. Hopefully by the end of the day, we'll know a little more about the seriousness, or lack thereof, of Derrick Brown's sprained ankle and whether or not it will keep him out of any upcoming games.

It's just what somebody thinks ...
whattheduece
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Derrick's Status?

Postby whattheduece » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:30 pm

I'm new to the board but here is what I have been told.

Inside sources tell me that Brown rolled is ankle and is ok. There is a chance though that he will be sitting out for the first game on Friday and will be back by Monday.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Derrick's Status?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:35 pm

DB sitting out this Friday's game wouldn't be a shock. I'm sure Miller feels that we can beat IPFW without DB, and if we can't, then we're in bigger trouble than we might have guessed.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: XavierBob and 703 guests