Page 1 of 1

Derrick's Status?

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:06 am
by somebody
Has anybody heard anything on the condition of Derrick's injury? I did not see anything in Dow's article this morning other than what we already knew ... that he was injured. It seemed like Sean, in the postgame interview, did not seem overly concerned but believe he said he did not expect him to be back immediately.

Re: Derrick's Status?

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:49 am
by olsingledigit
I am amazed that no one has any info on Derrick's status. It certainly is early in the season - even for MM posters. Lets see if some of the students or locals who post here can get some good info on Derrick's status. He is the key to our success this year.

Re: Derrick's Status?

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:03 pm
by somebody
olsingledigit wrote:I am amazed that no one has any info on Derrick's status. It certainly is early in the season - even for MM posters. Lets see if some of the students or locals who post here can get some good info on Derrick's status. He is the key to our success this year.
I am surprised also and anxious to hear. I rather figured somebody would have heard something by now but I guess not.

Re: Derrick's Status?

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:23 pm
by MuskieCinci
When Derrick walks around campus normally it looks like he could have bad knees and ankles, he just has a weird sort of walk to him. I don't think seeing him walking around campus would really give us that good of an indication unless it is serious. I was under the impression though that it was a minor injury, and if it wasn't an exhibition game a week before the season starts he would have kept playing. I'm sure they are being extra careful with him though because right before the season starts would be a horrible time to aggravate something.

Re: Derrick's Status?

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:02 pm
by PeterG
According to Andy Mac's new article above: " Derrick Brown tweaked an ankle. He apparently is alright."

Re: Derrick's Status?

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:18 pm
by somebody
PeterG wrote:According to Andy Mac's new article above: " Derrick Brown tweaked an ankle. He apparently is alright."
Thanks for the reports, guys! But I would feel a lot better if the word "apparently" was not in there. :) But sounds promising.

Re: Derrick's Status?

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:49 pm
by somebody
According to DD today in his blog:
Tonight is the first edition of the Sean Miller radio show (airs on 550-AM from 7-8 p.m.) at Ryan's Pub on XU's campus. Hopefully by the end of the day, we'll know a little more about the seriousness, or lack thereof, of Derrick Brown's sprained ankle and whether or not it will keep him out of any upcoming games.

Re: Derrick's Status?

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:30 pm
by whattheduece
I'm new to the board but here is what I have been told.

Inside sources tell me that Brown rolled is ankle and is ok. There is a chance though that he will be sitting out for the first game on Friday and will be back by Monday.

Re: Derrick's Status?

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:35 pm
by Mr. Neutral
DB sitting out this Friday's game wouldn't be a shock. I'm sure Miller feels that we can beat IPFW without DB, and if we can't, then we're in bigger trouble than we might have guessed.