Half OT: reunion weekend

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
CarlosTheJackal
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
Contact:

Half OT: reunion weekend

Postby CarlosTheJackal » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:01 pm

I'm in one of those classes that ends in 3 or 8 (can't remember any more after 30 years), and was on campus for Reunion Weekend.

Had a nice tour with a group of Muskies and a very sharp premed senior. Interesting info exchanged...she was dumbstruck that Andy Warhol and Jimi Hendrix were at Xavier in the same semester. She had no idea who Dean Manion was, some idea on Julian Bond.

The campus is more and more impressive, but wow the superblocks that Xavier has purchased and demolished,,,gulp, that is a lot of financing in this new economic landscape. Admission projections are down for the first time in some time.

Lots of McCain signs still in dorm windows after the elections. Some things don't change.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Half OT: reunion weekend

Postby muskieman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:09 pm

I was impressed with the 1958 class's representation at the basketball game. Mr. O must have looked at them and said, WET BEHIND THEIR EARS, THOSE PUPS!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
_LH
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Half OT: reunion weekend

Postby _LH » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:01 pm

My dad was in the class of 1958 but he has long since passed away. It would have been nice to see him standing on the court at Cintas for obvious reasons.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Half OT: reunion weekend

Postby muskieman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:17 pm

I'd second that LH.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
hoosiermuskie
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Half OT: reunion weekend

Postby hoosiermuskie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:33 pm

I was at center court with the class of '58 with one other Lew Hirt member.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Half OT: reunion weekend

Postby muskieman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:37 pm

hoosiermuskie wrote:I was at center court with the class of '58 with one other Lew Hirt member.
I was the man on the media side, second row giving you a standing ovation.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 885 guests