After Saturday's win over Purdue, I was so elated and relieved, I literally had a headache, but a "good" headache. Walking home from Merkle's (Wrigleyville bar where I had watched the game with a BIG contingent of X fans), it took a while for "we're back in the Sweet 16!" to sink in.
And then for the next 4 days, we sit back, relax, enjoy any publicity we get, and not have to worry about losing THAT day.
Now, gameday is upon us, and the possible end of the season is staring us in the face again, as is advancement to the Elite Eight. I'm going to get exponentially more nervous and distracted between now and gametime, to the point where by 6:10 PM (Central) tonight, I'll barely be able to function.
I'm hoping with all that's holy for a W tonight, but I want to congratulate in advance the coaching staff and the players for their hard work and accomplishments this season. It's been a great ride that we hope isn't quite over yet.
Now the nerves start kicking back in
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Now the nerves start kicking back in
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26783
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in
I agree. Nerves before a important function shows you care and are not lazy about the function. I hope that X has it's A game tonight and we will all be looking at another elite eight for X and a test against UCLA possible. I want Hugs to be as perplexed as these picture,


GO X


GO X
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
X Factor
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:17 am
- Contact:
Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in
I've got the same nervous feelings. It's not that I'm not confident in the team, it's just the waiting all day before watching the game. The anticipation and buildup is rough.
GO MUSKIES!!
What time do we play Saturday?
GO MUSKIES!!
What time do we play Saturday?
-
Filthy Chilean
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in
Dick Vitale picked X over WVU.
I'm not sure how to take this.
I'm not sure how to take this.
-
BillyX
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:37 am
- Contact:
Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in
Dickie V also picked UGA to top X in first round, so I'm not sure I like his predictions myself.
Goes without saying, but had Duke pulled a 2nd win out of their arse, then Dickie V. would be picking the Dukies over X without a doubt.
Go Muskies!
Goes without saying, but had Duke pulled a 2nd win out of their arse, then Dickie V. would be picking the Dukies over X without a doubt.
Go Muskies!
-
Okeyd57
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:48 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in
I'm very concerned about our game tonight also. But I feel certain that the boys in Gold and Blue will get it done. You guys have a very good team, and I congratulate all X-fans for a great season. But hopefully, my Mountaineers will move on. And if we don't, then I hope you guys win it all !
- muskieman
- Posts: 26783
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in
Thanks, we hope X wins it all too!
Should be a great game.
Should be a great game.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
portlandmuskie
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:52 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in
I went to bed last night grateful that I was on Pacific time, knowing that my anxious wait would be less. All that was blown away, however, when I awoke (already in nervous anticipation) at 4:30AM!
Here's hoping I'll go to bed early tonight, comfortable with a belly full of good beer and my mind happy with final four dreams.
More likely I'll be watching UCLA trying to find a weakness, then be up all night because of the excitement.
Go X!
Here's hoping I'll go to bed early tonight, comfortable with a belly full of good beer and my mind happy with final four dreams.
More likely I'll be watching UCLA trying to find a weakness, then be up all night because of the excitement.
Go X!
R.I.P Richard Talaska
-
minger
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:27 am
- Contact:
Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in
it's 6am in the morning here in Hong Kong. Just couldn't sleep all night becoz I am so nerves. I am still debating whether shall I watch the game live (from NCAA.com) or not.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26783
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in
It will not be long now.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 760 guests
