Just heard that IU's making the offer today

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Just heard that IU's making the offer today

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:17 pm

From a buddy in Indy.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
drudy23
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Just heard that IU's making the offer today

Postby drudy23 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:21 pm

I heard from a friend in Tuscaloosa that Brad Redford is skipping Xavier altogether and will become a Franciscan monk in Tibet. I swear.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Just heard that IU's making the offer today

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:25 pm

Mine's not an April Fool's joke. Hope it's wrong.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
broadripple
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:10 am
Contact:

Re: Just heard that IU's making the offer today

Postby broadripple » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:31 pm

Looks like that offer may have been made to Lon Kruger and not Miller. The IU mb at http://www.peegs.com is exploding with Lon Kruger rumors.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Just heard that IU's making the offer today

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:37 pm

Miller was the leader (according to Peegs), but now Kruger may be the frontrunner.

From Lon's time at Illinois, if I'm IU, I go with Miller. Kruger's a good X's and O's guy, not much of a PR guy, and not much of a recruiter. If you're looking to win 18-20 game and not go past the 1st weekend of the NCAA, Lon's your guy.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
broadripple
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:10 am
Contact:

Re: Just heard that IU's making the offer today

Postby broadripple » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:41 pm

I agree... I think after Bennett, Miller was their guy. Lets hope that Miller politely declined.
newtsac
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Just heard that IU's making the offer today

Postby newtsac » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:00 pm

I thought we all agreed that Miller isn't going anywhere this year at least...

Plus, IU won't make a hire that is good for their program anyway, isn't that obvious? Davis, Sampson, Dakich (won't be the next fulltime coach anyhow)...

Broadripple - are you in Indy?
broadripple
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:10 am
Contact:

Re: Just heard that IU's making the offer today

Postby broadripple » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:12 pm

yes.. i'm in indy
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26783
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Just heard that IU's making the offer today

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:22 pm

As Jay Mariotti says the IU job is a mess. "What motive would be for anybody to take this job, losing Eric Gordon, White now you don't have two other talented players and you might be on probabtion"
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops
Posts: 3926
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Just heard that IU's making the offer today

Postby skyhops » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:22 pm

Sean's buyout is too much for IU, plus I don't think he wants to leave XU. Brownell would be a good choice.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 428 guests