what a great year!!!

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
brownlavender
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm
Contact:

what a great year!!!

Postby brownlavender » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:44 am

It took me several days to get back on here after losing to UCLA. Prior to the tourney i had them going all the way so i wasn't as disappointed in the loss as the way we played in the loss. We could very easily hang with that team if we weren't so scared of them. Honestly we forgot the huggies that day because i seen the **** running down everybody's legs. All in all i cant complain, i shed a few tears at the end of the game. This was the most team oriented TEAM that i have ever seen. I loved this group of seniors more then any other in the past and we have had some good ones. Stanley had to be my favorite, maybe of all time. It had nothing to do with his lackluster play through his 4 years here but he had without a doubt the most heart that i've ever seen in one of our guys. Drew and Josh were also unbelieveable. Drew was my favorite to watch and Josh was flat out the man when he brought it. It's looking more and more like Sean is going to be here for the long haul which is awesome, he's going to be able to recruit great every year and our team will continue to dominate the A10. I see nothing but blue sky ahead. I think we owe our seniors a great thanks. I've heard of the team dinner or whatever, I can't attend, but does anybody know of any other things going on to thank the team for an absolute wonderful year??
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: what a great year!!!

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:17 am

Yes, I certainly wouldn't have put money down on a 30-win, Elite Eight season, so the coaches and players should, and have been, complimented on their efforts, dedication and hard work. Good luck to them from here on in.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
passthepuck?
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: what a great year!!!

Postby passthepuck? » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:32 am

Aside from quality players and great coaching (and I do mean great for getting them to buy into the system) I think Xavier’s success is based upon the perfection of the Gonzaga model. Xavier played a quality OOC schedule and dominated a weak conference all of which made the conference tourney irrelevant and lead to a high seed. This is what the Zags have been doing for years in the Pacific Northwest. A high seed means that you wear white uniforms until the sweet sixteen or in this year the elite eight. Hats off to Mike Bobinski for out Zaging the Zags.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 434 guests