one big reason is the massive 2 mill buyout, thats college fball coach territory.
and for a change, there isn't a better job out there right now
before u freak out, obviously IU is second to none in cbb but the next 2-5 years are going to be excruciating, the next coach will toil and be gone within 5 yrs to be sure, the whole starting 5 is gone and u have ncaa restrictions looming.
If a Big Big East job or acc...ncst ties...I would get nervous but not lsu and luckily no IU...great timing...
pete moved to providence...X is way better now
skip went to Wake...X is close to that level sans acc
thad went to Osu...better job maybe, always second to the fball, hell more like 3rd to fball and tbdbitl
Things are differant we may not be duke but we are no dayton either
X needs to find a way to anty up another 700k per to get to 1.5 and up the buyout to 3.5
if they could do this it would be tough to see him leaving
Miller rumored to be going to Indiana...
-
10-20-30
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:39 pm
- Contact:
-
BLOVE
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Miller rumored to be going to Indiana...
I give him four more years. If he does not reach a final four by then he'll look elsewhere.
-
wkrq59
- Posts: 1508
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
- Contact:
Re: Miller rumored to be going to Indiana...
I doubt Sean Miller will remain at Xavier forever, because I am a believer in the Pete Gillen philosophy--"Times change, people change, so I never say never."
That said, do I think Sean will leave this year? No.
Do I think he leave after next season ends? No.
Do I think he'll set sail in 4, 5 or 6 years? Doubtful.
Do I think if Bobinski leaves and his replacement has other ideas about how the basketball program should be run and how much money should be spent on recruiting, on scouting, on travel etc.etc Sean will actually start looking? Maybe, just maybe.
Do I think Sean has a different set of priorities than his predecessor? Definitely.
Do I think he's a liar and just running a scam? No way.
Would I be extremely surprised and disappointed if he did leave this year or next or the next? Most definitely. But I wouldn't take a great deal of pleasure, if any, in saying--as would some-- "Hah, I told you so. You're naive, stupid and just remember, the glass it never half full. It's always half empty."
Do I think if the Pittsburgh job opens up he'll be gone in a New York minute? Not necessarily. Yeah, I suppose every coach would like to return to lead his alma mater. That said, I've been to the Pitt campus. I've been in the Pitt Stadium. And I've seen their fieldhouse which can't hold a candle to Cintas.
Bottom line, Xavier is a university on the move in terms of committment to basketball excellence, in regard to expansion of the campus and the academic development projects. Those of us who live to see it won't recognize the place in a few years. Hell's fire, I don't recognize it now.
This might sound silly, but I don't think the Big East is that much more desirable than the A10. How many BE teams are still in either the NCAA or NIT? How many A10?
That said, do I think Sean will leave this year? No.
Do I think he leave after next season ends? No.
Do I think he'll set sail in 4, 5 or 6 years? Doubtful.
Do I think if Bobinski leaves and his replacement has other ideas about how the basketball program should be run and how much money should be spent on recruiting, on scouting, on travel etc.etc Sean will actually start looking? Maybe, just maybe.
Do I think Sean has a different set of priorities than his predecessor? Definitely.
Do I think he's a liar and just running a scam? No way.
Would I be extremely surprised and disappointed if he did leave this year or next or the next? Most definitely. But I wouldn't take a great deal of pleasure, if any, in saying--as would some-- "Hah, I told you so. You're naive, stupid and just remember, the glass it never half full. It's always half empty."
Do I think if the Pittsburgh job opens up he'll be gone in a New York minute? Not necessarily. Yeah, I suppose every coach would like to return to lead his alma mater. That said, I've been to the Pitt campus. I've been in the Pitt Stadium. And I've seen their fieldhouse which can't hold a candle to Cintas.
Bottom line, Xavier is a university on the move in terms of committment to basketball excellence, in regard to expansion of the campus and the academic development projects. Those of us who live to see it won't recognize the place in a few years. Hell's fire, I don't recognize it now.
This might sound silly, but I don't think the Big East is that much more desirable than the A10. How many BE teams are still in either the NCAA or NIT? How many A10?
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 844 guests
