Retired jersey?
-
Lavender24
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:43 pm
- Contact:
Retired jersey?
just a random topic because i got bored, but out of the three seniors to graduate this year which would have the best chance of someday getting their jersey retired 1, 24, 34?
-
CarlosTheJackal
- Posts: 462
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
- Contact:
Re: Retired jersey?
None, on both merit and politics. They still can't get Steve Thomas in, how are any of these three likely?and I doubt if there is much enthusiam for a retired jersey bandwagon from Sean.
I think we are much better off, on a balanced team basis, if we dont have player who stands out from the rest of the team so much that he distracts from team play and team success. As much as I loved D West and all he did at X, we were a better team the following years. I am not taking anything away from how he carried us on his big shoulders.
The play's the thing, not the actors, and the same goes for the game. Our three tourney wins were so satisfying to me because each player contributed in his own way, and the total was greater than the mere sum of the parts.
I think we are much better off, on a balanced team basis, if we dont have player who stands out from the rest of the team so much that he distracts from team play and team success. As much as I loved D West and all he did at X, we were a better team the following years. I am not taking anything away from how he carried us on his big shoulders.
The play's the thing, not the actors, and the same goes for the game. Our three tourney wins were so satisfying to me because each player contributed in his own way, and the total was greater than the mere sum of the parts.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Retired jersey?
Have to agree with Carlos on this one. No one player had statistics that outshone the others, or compared to some of our all-time greats.
The closest thing this team had to a "horse" was Duncan, and even that was in stretches. It's really a tribute to the team concept that this group, with minimal individual stats, accomplished as much as it did.
The closest thing this team had to a "horse" was Duncan, and even that was in stretches. It's really a tribute to the team concept that this group, with minimal individual stats, accomplished as much as it did.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
xeus
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 pm
- Contact:
Re: Retired jersey?
Agreed, no jerseys retired out of this class. I don't even think it's a discussion.
Now, HoF? That's another question. I'd say Stan and Josh could easily be in the HoF.
Now, HoF? That's another question. I'd say Stan and Josh could easily be in the HoF.
Welcome fellow scholars.
-
wkrq59
- Posts: 1508
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
- Contact:
Re: Retired jersey?
Carlos, can you really have a play without actors? Shakespeare would make interesting reading for high school students but wouldn't the acting leave more lasting memories and be more entertaining? Death of a Salesman is a fine play, but Dustin Hoffman and ***** March among others have made it for some the memory of a lifetime.
-
XUXU
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:41 am
- Contact:
Re: Retired jersey?
I think that we should maybe have something to remember skip prosser. maybe not a jersey, but something resembling it. That would be really nice.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 787 guests
