Lavender ...

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Roach
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:04 am
Contact:

Lavender ...

Postby Roach » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:56 am

THill42
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Lavender ...

Postby THill42 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:15 am

What was he doing standing in an intersection? Doesn't sound like a good situation.
bleedXblue
Posts: 852
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:10 am
Contact:

Re: Lavender ...

Postby bleedXblue » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:22 am

what the h*ll ?

unbelievable
RJReising
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:31 am
Contact:

Re: Lavender ...

Postby RJReising » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:35 am

How soon before we start hearing from the UC fans saying, "If this was a UC player, the media would be..."
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Lavender ...

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:36 am

If true, it's not something that reflects well on either Lavender and/or Xavier, and proves once again that our players, like everybody else's, are more human than angelic.

Before getting too judgmental, I have to say that if I had been arrested every time I was "highly intoxicated" while coming back to the dorm from Dana's or elsewhere, my arrest record would be lengthy, to say the least. And having some grass on the person was not exactly unheard of, either.

I have to admit that I was rarely asked to leave a club after saying "f*** this white club". I was generally asked to leave for other reasons.

Bottom line is Drew screwed up, and he, not us, will pay the price for it.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Gorilla '69
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Lavender ...

Postby Gorilla '69 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:46 pm

Mr. N, I would hope that if you were given several opportunities to leave and continue on your way AND you had weed on your person, you would have been smart enough to shut the f**k up and leave unscathed.
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"
Eastside_J
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Lavender ...

Postby Eastside_J » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:48 pm

When is the string of yearly arrests going to end fellas?

At what price success?
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Lavender ...

Postby muskieman » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:18 pm

Eastside_J wrote:When is the string of yearly arrests going to end fellas?

At what price success?
Take your shots they are few and far between not like the yearly or sometimes semi- annual accounts of adventure your players did for yearS.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
passthepuck?
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: Lavender ...

Postby passthepuck? » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:33 pm

I wish someone would explain to me how an incident, after the season is over, involving a senior reflects poorly on the basketball program. To the extent that he is still a student, it only reflects poorly on the individual and to a much lesser extent the university. This is not like packing heat on campus during the season.
Eastside_J
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Lavender ...

Postby Eastside_J » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Ha! You don't even believe that.

Look we talked about this last year and you said the same thing. What I have said holds true, if you are going to take the guys who have already had "issues" at other programs, the chances are they are going to repeat those issues at X. And guess what they are...

UC will certainly take a kid at some point with some question marks and/or issues. The only difference will be any UC fan would admit the increased risk you take in doing so.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 722 guests