To all you wonderful people on the Board that have made so many heartwarming comments about my son, I send my family's depest thanks.
Brian cared broadly for you all, and I know for certain that for dozens of you, he told you that directly.
He loved that Xavier took a chance on him and admitted him with a less than terrific academic background. He redeemed that trust by graduating in four years, including a change in majors. He repaid what Xavier meant to him by being one of her most loyal sons, and I must admit he had substantial fun in doing so!
Some of you have lost children. I can only hope that there have been people like on this board that have given you consolation as you all have given our boy's family.
God Bless,
Dick McCormick
26+6=1
Pablo's father's thanks
-
26+6=1
- Posts: 201
- Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:56 pm
- Contact:
- muskieman
- Posts: 26783
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo's father's thanks
God bless you in your deepest time of sorrow. We as a nation and individually love Brian. He always made me smile and he was always concerned about my health and happiness. No father could have a better son. I hope to be able to go to his wake and funeral. I will remember him in mass tomorrow and he will be added to my list at every mass. I know he will always be in my heart.
When I heard I was in shock and still can not believe he is gone.
God Bless and comfort you and your family,
When I heard I was in shock and still can not believe he is gone.
God Bless and comfort you and your family,
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo's father's thanks
Mr. McCormick-
X took a chance on a lot of us, and it paid off in ways we never could have imagined at the time. Thanks to Xavier, and thanks to great guys like Brian who make the school what it is.
No words of ours can lessen your loss, but Brian will be remembered with a smile by all of us.
X took a chance on a lot of us, and it paid off in ways we never could have imagined at the time. Thanks to Xavier, and thanks to great guys like Brian who make the school what it is.
No words of ours can lessen your loss, but Brian will be remembered with a smile by all of us.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Gorilla '69
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo's father's thanks
Mr. McCormick-
I had the honor of meeting "Pablo" a couple years ago at the A-10 tourney. He was a very funny guy and you could tell his love of all things Xavier. I always enjoyed reading his posts on various boards.
No parent should ever have to bury a child and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God bless.
I had the honor of meeting "Pablo" a couple years ago at the A-10 tourney. He was a very funny guy and you could tell his love of all things Xavier. I always enjoyed reading his posts on various boards.
No parent should ever have to bury a child and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God bless.
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"
-
wkrq59
- Posts: 1508
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
- Contact:
Re: Pablo's father's thanks
Mr McCormick,
I did not have the pleasure of meeting Brian but I communicated with him as Pablo on several occasions and for that privilege I consider myself blessed. Please accept my sorrow for your loss members of my grandson's guardian angel family will be watchful to console you. God bless.
I did not have the pleasure of meeting Brian but I communicated with him as Pablo on several occasions and for that privilege I consider myself blessed. Please accept my sorrow for your loss members of my grandson's guardian angel family will be watchful to console you. God bless.
-
xeus
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo's father's thanks
posted at request of Matt McCormick ...
Brian's Funeral Arrangements
Thank you all for your amazing love, support and prayers. We - and Brian - need them for a very long time.
There will be a viewing from 5-8 on Sunday night, 4/13, at the Westbrock Funeral Home, 5980 Bigger Road, Kettering OH 45440. The phone is 937-434-6161.
There will be a pre mass reception at 9 AM on Monday, 4/14 at Bellarmine Chapel on Xavier University's campus. 3800 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45207. 513-745-3398.
The mass will be at 10 AM.
After Mass, we will drive to Dayton for internment. Brian will be buried at Calvary Cemetery, 1625 Calvary Drive, Moraine, OH 45409. 937-293-1221.
There will be a reception/lunch after the burial at a place to be determined. (We should know on Friday).
We understand that everyone has busy schedules and work. All are welcome to attend one event or all. Please forward this message to anyone you think would want to know this information.
Please remember the Brian that made you smile, laugh, or shake your head in disbelief. He, and the McCormick's, want it that way.
Thanks, and God Bless!
Matt & Susan McCormick
Brian's Funeral Arrangements
Thank you all for your amazing love, support and prayers. We - and Brian - need them for a very long time.
There will be a viewing from 5-8 on Sunday night, 4/13, at the Westbrock Funeral Home, 5980 Bigger Road, Kettering OH 45440. The phone is 937-434-6161.
There will be a pre mass reception at 9 AM on Monday, 4/14 at Bellarmine Chapel on Xavier University's campus. 3800 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45207. 513-745-3398.
The mass will be at 10 AM.
After Mass, we will drive to Dayton for internment. Brian will be buried at Calvary Cemetery, 1625 Calvary Drive, Moraine, OH 45409. 937-293-1221.
There will be a reception/lunch after the burial at a place to be determined. (We should know on Friday).
We understand that everyone has busy schedules and work. All are welcome to attend one event or all. Please forward this message to anyone you think would want to know this information.
Please remember the Brian that made you smile, laugh, or shake your head in disbelief. He, and the McCormick's, want it that way.
Thanks, and God Bless!
Matt & Susan McCormick
Welcome fellow scholars.
-
xukeith
- Posts: 3737
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:54 pm
Re: Pablo's father's thanks
A memorial service for all youths and relatives for anyone who has passed away since January will be held at Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Center on April 19 at 9AM-11AM. The Archbishop will hold the service.
If you want to send a representative there, they will put up a cross in the Garden in Matt McCormick's name.
Its a great healing experience and so far 60 families will be there.
Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Center
5440 Moeller Avenue
Norwood, Ohio 45212
phone (513) 351-9800
fax (513) 351-9885
If you want to send a representative there, they will put up a cross in the Garden in Matt McCormick's name.
Its a great healing experience and so far 60 families will be there.
Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Center
5440 Moeller Avenue
Norwood, Ohio 45212
phone (513) 351-9800
fax (513) 351-9885
-
Masterofreality
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo's father's thanks
I have been out of town on business and haven't logged into this board for a week.
Mr. and Mrs. McCormick and Matt. I am so sorry for your loss. Although I live in Cleveland, and am over 20 years older than Brian was, I met him on numerous occasions over the years when I was in Cincinnati and we also often communicated via private e-mail. I don't know if you remember me but we have also met- at the A-10 Tournanment in Cincinnati a few years ago. I am shocked at this turn of events, but my memories of your son and brother will always be of a smiling, enthusiastic, positive guy who absolutely loved Xavier and everything surrounding it. He was also a guy who had an innate sense of fairness and was dismayed at any rumor, inuendo or other falsehood that was posted on any message board that damaged the reputation of any Xavier player or student. I will miss him dearly.
His story of overcoming his obstacles is wonderful, and very similar to the challenges that my youngest daughter faced. Thankfully there was Xavier University that, with its nuturing environment and caring philosophy, helped both of them to thrive. They both earned, and were not just given, their college educations and degrees, and they became productive and contributing members of society.
I will be unable to be in Cincinnati next Monday, but I will offer my Sunday Mass for the repose of Brian's soul. I know that he'll be above watching and hopefully, helping the basketball bounce XU's way next year. Again, my deepest condolences to the McCormick family. Brian will be missed, but thankfully, through the fund, his love of life and Xavier will live on.
Peace.
Mr. and Mrs. McCormick and Matt. I am so sorry for your loss. Although I live in Cleveland, and am over 20 years older than Brian was, I met him on numerous occasions over the years when I was in Cincinnati and we also often communicated via private e-mail. I don't know if you remember me but we have also met- at the A-10 Tournanment in Cincinnati a few years ago. I am shocked at this turn of events, but my memories of your son and brother will always be of a smiling, enthusiastic, positive guy who absolutely loved Xavier and everything surrounding it. He was also a guy who had an innate sense of fairness and was dismayed at any rumor, inuendo or other falsehood that was posted on any message board that damaged the reputation of any Xavier player or student. I will miss him dearly.
His story of overcoming his obstacles is wonderful, and very similar to the challenges that my youngest daughter faced. Thankfully there was Xavier University that, with its nuturing environment and caring philosophy, helped both of them to thrive. They both earned, and were not just given, their college educations and degrees, and they became productive and contributing members of society.
I will be unable to be in Cincinnati next Monday, but I will offer my Sunday Mass for the repose of Brian's soul. I know that he'll be above watching and hopefully, helping the basketball bounce XU's way next year. Again, my deepest condolences to the McCormick family. Brian will be missed, but thankfully, through the fund, his love of life and Xavier will live on.
Peace.
PAY THE MAN!!!!
-
Filthy Chilean
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo's father's thanks
My first interaction with McCormick (as he was known) was at Brooks Ave the day I moved in. He was nothing but a good friend from that day on.
Brian helped me through some incredibly difficult times to go along with all the good. He was a true friend in every sense of the word. We shared many nights discussing his love life (or lack thereof depending on the year).
To say I miss him is an understatement. After the birth of my daughter the world became much clearer so of course I called Brian. I am thankful I got to tell him how much he meant to me one last time a couple weeks ago.
Its extremely satisfying to read so many good things about him, I am sure his family appreciates it all, I know I do.
Brian helped me through some incredibly difficult times to go along with all the good. He was a true friend in every sense of the word. We shared many nights discussing his love life (or lack thereof depending on the year).
To say I miss him is an understatement. After the birth of my daughter the world became much clearer so of course I called Brian. I am thankful I got to tell him how much he meant to me one last time a couple weeks ago.
Its extremely satisfying to read so many good things about him, I am sure his family appreciates it all, I know I do.
-
Gorilla '69
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo's father's thanks
Please, no disrespect here. But I find it very fitting that Pablo, with his humor, is looking down and saying, "You can have my viewing in Kettering (close to dayton) and you can have my burial in Moraine (close to dayton) but you DAMN SURE cannot have either IN dayton."
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 680 guests
