Kenny Frease - line at Oh-Ky all star game
-
jct1941
- Posts: 2117
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am
- Contact:
Kenny Frease - line at Oh-Ky all star game
They finally posted the box score for the game. Kenny's line went played 13 min. - 11 points on 4 of 8 and 0for1 3pointer - 7 rebounds - 2 assits (could have been more if they would have made the easy shots) - 1 turnover -3 blocks. Final score was Ohio 113 - Ky 87. It was not much of a contest. I know many do not think he will start, but I still think he will be hard to keep out of the lineup. XU is not at the same level as UCLA (at least not yet) but it would be like keeping Kevin Love out over Matta Real. Matta Real is similar to Jason Love in that he gets some rebounds and plays some defense (also foul prone). Jason is very important now that he has experience, but is limited offensively. Frease is the complete package and I think he is not only physically imposing but is also mentally tough. In other words, he is not an ordinary freshman. Once XU entered the NCAA tournament, Duncan started mainly because we needed his offense. I see the same thing happening with Frease.
-
xavierj
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kenny Frease - line at Oh-Ky all star game
Can we please stop saying he will be the next coming. I am sure he will be a good player but he would have to really change a lot between now and next year to replace a guy that started 25 games for a team that went to the elite 8. I see Jason Love as at least a 10 & 8 guy next year and his defense alone will keep him starting. To me I think Kenny has a lot to work on in order to crack Xavier's lineup and I see him getting about 15 minutes a game. He has to get stronger and leaner and he will need to learn how to play against guys who are close to as big and strong as he is. I know Kenny is good but it is not like he was tearing up the high school ranks. He never led his team to state and when you are 7-0 260 in high school you should be able to do that. Let's let Kenny get to campus and start practicing before we start throwing out lines like not starting him would be like starting mata-real over Kevin Love because I think that is unfair.
-
AlabamaMuskie
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:42 am
- Contact:
Re: Kenny Frease - line at Oh-Ky all star game
Relax XavierJ. When someone writes that Frease 'could be hard to keep out of the lineup' and he 'is the complete package' and that he has more abilities on offense than Love, I really don't read this as meaning he is the second coming.
The former AsuncionMuskie
-
muskie fever
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:52 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kenny Frease - line at Oh-Ky all star game
Put them into a Xavier uniform, slap a number on their back, put them into the games and I'll watch them. As I have for sixty-seven years. Doesn't matter if their name is Love or Frease, if they can put the ball into the basket better than the other guy, and play defense, they're my guys.
And I believe that the coaches have a little more to say about it than we do. And, probably able to judge talent more than we do. So, sit back and relax for a few long long months, and we'll see who Sean puts on the floor. Every player gets a chance in Sean's coaching method, so, it's really up to the players.
In the meantime, waiting for Notre Dame football, we'll have that fifteen minutes of action crammed into a three-hour span called baseball.
Ball one. ball two. ball three. Strike one. strike two. Infield fly ball. Three outs. No wonder they sell a lot of beer at baseball games.
And I believe that the coaches have a little more to say about it than we do. And, probably able to judge talent more than we do. So, sit back and relax for a few long long months, and we'll see who Sean puts on the floor. Every player gets a chance in Sean's coaching method, so, it's really up to the players.
In the meantime, waiting for Notre Dame football, we'll have that fifteen minutes of action crammed into a three-hour span called baseball.
Ball one. ball two. ball three. Strike one. strike two. Infield fly ball. Three outs. No wonder they sell a lot of beer at baseball games.
-
Biff Tannen
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:11 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kenny Frease - line at Oh-Ky all star game
Are you drunk right now?muskie fever wrote:
In the meantime, waiting for Notre Dame football, we'll have that fifteen minutes of action crammed into a three-hour span called baseball.
Ball one. ball two. ball three. Strike one. strike two. Infield fly ball. Three outs. No wonder they sell a lot of beer at baseball games.
-
skyhops
- Posts: 3926
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kenny Frease - line at Oh-Ky all star game
Jason Love is a servicable center at best, so I would think that Frease would come in and make an immediate impact.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kenny Frease - line at Oh-Ky all star game
I bet the coaches would dispute your analysis of Love.skyhops wrote:Jason Love is a servicable center at best, so I would think that Frease would come in and make an immediate impact.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
X Factor
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:17 am
- Contact:
Re: Kenny Frease - line at Oh-Ky all star game
The bold text is completely irrelevant. Last time I checked basketball was a team sport. Kenny averaged over 20 points and 12 rebounds last year. I would say that is pretty darn good, seeing as he was THE focus of every opposing team. They probably collapsed two or three guys on him just about evey time he touched the ball.xavierj wrote:Can we please stop saying he will be the next coming. I am sure he will be a good player but he would have to really change a lot between now and next year to replace a guy that started 25 games for a team that went to the elite 8. I see Jason Love as at least a 10 & 8 guy next year and his defense alone will keep him starting. To me I think Kenny has a lot to work on in order to crack Xavier's lineup and I see him getting about 15 minutes a game. He has to get stronger and leaner and he will need to learn how to play against guys who are close to as big and strong as he is. I know Kenny is good but it is not like he was tearing up the high school ranks. He never led his team to state and when you are 7-0 260 in high school you should be able to do that. Let's let Kenny get to campus and start practicing before we start throwing out lines like not starting him would be like starting mata-real over Kevin Love because I think that is unfair.
For that matter, BJ Mullens, another 7 footer and Top 10 player in the country, didn't lead his team to state this year either. I guess he's not ready to start at the college level.
Again, this is not a knock on Love at all, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see Kenny's offensive game is way ahead of Love's right now. Does that mean Frease will start? Not at all, but if he comes in and shows he can play some low post defense, with his offensive game, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the starting lineup next year. It might not be from day one, but it is definitely a possibility.
-
MADXSTER
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kenny Frease - line at Oh-Ky all star game
The biggest thing that kenny and the rest of the freshman have to do is...get here and learn the plays and the sets. This will be an advantage for Holloway. I hope Kenny treks down here every weekend. I hope the others come in as soon as school gets out.
I believe they're all skilled enough. It's more about shortening the learning curve as quickly as possible.
I believe they're all skilled enough. It's more about shortening the learning curve as quickly as possible.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kenny Frease - line at Oh-Ky all star game
<<Ball one. ball two. ball three. Strike one. strike two. Infield fly ball. Three outs. No wonder they sell a lot of beer at baseball games.>>
You watched ND football last year and its last two bowl games and you think BASEBALL is boring???
How about "Incomplete pass-2 yard run-incomplete pass-punt"? Man, now THAT'S exciting!
You watched ND football last year and its last two bowl games and you think BASEBALL is boring???
How about "Incomplete pass-2 yard run-incomplete pass-punt"? Man, now THAT'S exciting!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 971 guests
