Click on (or paste into your web address, the site below.
It will take you to a page in the Louisville C-J and then you can get some absolutely super stats on every horse in the Derby.
http://datacenter.courier-journal.com/s ... DerbyID=84
Also, didyaknow at CD you can now bet an over and under on each race? Track sets a "number" and total of first three in the race by program number is either over or under that number and depending on your bet, you can win!
What will they think of next?
And I wonder if XU students migrate to Louisville like we all (older ones) used to?
OT - Derby Help
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: OT - Derby Help
One of my long-time friends used to be editor of Blood Horse magazine, and is now a racing contributor to ESPN.com. I asked him about the race, and he was going with Colonel John.
Here's one of his recent columns-http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/ ... id=3346407
Big Brown seems to be everybody's favorite, but the 20 spot has people wondering, as horses almost never win from there.
Recapturetheglory has support, as does Visionaire (trained by the same guy who trained Barbaro). I've even heard comments that Eight Belles (the filly) may be a good pick on a wet track.
I'm going to Arlington Park racetrack tomorrow with some friends, and I'll probably put down relatively small bets on a few horses, and see what happens.
Here's one of his recent columns-http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/ ... id=3346407
Big Brown seems to be everybody's favorite, but the 20 spot has people wondering, as horses almost never win from there.
Recapturetheglory has support, as does Visionaire (trained by the same guy who trained Barbaro). I've even heard comments that Eight Belles (the filly) may be a good pick on a wet track.
I'm going to Arlington Park racetrack tomorrow with some friends, and I'll probably put down relatively small bets on a few horses, and see what happens.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26783
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: OT - Derby Help
I heard there is always side bets on which horse will crap on the field before the race.Wisexuowl wrote:Click on (or paste into your web address, the site below.
It will take you to a page in the Louisville C-J and then you can get some absolutely super stats on every horse in the Derby.
http://datacenter.courier-journal.com/s ... DerbyID=84
Also, didyaknow at CD you can now bet an over and under on each race? Track sets a "number" and total of first three in the race by program number is either over or under that number and depending on your bet, you can win!
What will they think of next?
And I wonder if XU students migrate to Louisville like we all (older ones) used to?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
xavierj
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: OT - Derby Help
Reacapture the glory is 45-1 right now and I would be shocked if he did not end up about 16th or 17th in the race. The horse has to get out and the pace will be so fast he will be dead before the turn for home. Look for Pyro to win the race at 5-1 (a gift) with Z Fortune 2nd, Col John 3rd, Big Brown 4th and 8 Bells rounding out the super hi 5. There will be a ton of speed in the race, the pace will be fast and it will set up for the closers. Pyro and Z Fortune are stablemates and are like twins they will both run similar races and they will be there at the end.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: OT - Derby Help
You might be right about Pyro and Z Fortune, but the only consensus about this year's Derby is that there is no consensus. There's questions about every reason, and reasons to pick many of them. Should be fun tomorrow.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: OT - Derby Help
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/tr ... 719041.jpg
Mike Battaglia odds as of Friday, May 2, 2008.
Mike Battaglia odds as of Friday, May 2, 2008.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
xavierj
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: OT - Derby Help
It looks like a bunch of long shots. Hell if you like recapturetheglory you might as well take a chance at 47-1.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: OT - Derby Help
I'm probably going to spread my bets around a bit, just to see if I can find a winner.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26783
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: OT - Derby Help
Big brown proved you can win out of that gate when you are the best. Sad about 8 belles.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: OT - Derby Help
I spread my bets around, so at least I had Big Brown winning, which minimized my overall losses.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 579 guests
