I wonder what type of interest he'll have in the ND AD job.... and ND's interest in him? It goes without saying that he's been an important piece in the success of XU athletics.
A blogger points out XU's lack of a football program as a hole in Bobo's resume
http://www.ndnation.com/geetar/2008/05/ ... rymen.html
Bobinski and ND?
-
broadripple
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:10 am
- Contact:
-
10-20-30
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bobinski and ND?
the blogger is right, no chance of Bobinski to nd, can u imagine the backlash given nd's sad state of affairs on the gridiron, a new AD sans any football experience to run nd where football is clearly king.
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bobinski and ND?
Heck, I chose X over ND.
It just took Bobo a little longer to realize his mistake.
It just took Bobo a little longer to realize his mistake.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
-
wkrq59
- Posts: 1508
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
- Contact:
Re: Bobinski and ND?
This may sound silly and naive, but as of right now, I think Xavier is a better job than Notre Dame for an athletic director.
Mike has the respect and allegiance of his administration, his basketball coach and staff and to a greater extent the league and the NCAA. Old saw adage, but true--"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Also, Notre Dame has in the past and has not changed in the present, the policy of paying as though it's a divine privilege to work there for less money than the going rate. That statement comes from people who have worked there and moved on.
There are also more experts among fans of the school who have absolutely no connection to the university other than either their religion or their allegiance to tradition which says if you're Catholic, you must love Notre Dame. And bring out the old Rockne film clips.
Notre Dame is an outstanding institution both educationally and athletically, but their divine right to plant their noses high in the air and look down on others, especially in football, has long since past as proved last year.
Xavier is fortunate to have a man like Mike Bobinski in such a key position. I think he and Sean Miller have started something that can only be the best thing athletically that has happened at Xavier.
Mike has the respect and allegiance of his administration, his basketball coach and staff and to a greater extent the league and the NCAA. Old saw adage, but true--"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Also, Notre Dame has in the past and has not changed in the present, the policy of paying as though it's a divine privilege to work there for less money than the going rate. That statement comes from people who have worked there and moved on.
There are also more experts among fans of the school who have absolutely no connection to the university other than either their religion or their allegiance to tradition which says if you're Catholic, you must love Notre Dame. And bring out the old Rockne film clips.
Notre Dame is an outstanding institution both educationally and athletically, but their divine right to plant their noses high in the air and look down on others, especially in football, has long since past as proved last year.
Xavier is fortunate to have a man like Mike Bobinski in such a key position. I think he and Sean Miller have started something that can only be the best thing athletically that has happened at Xavier.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bobinski and ND?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... 1123.story
Today's Chicago Tribune lists Bobinski as one of 6 potential candidates for the job, but points out his lack of experience with a big-time football program.
Today's Chicago Tribune lists Bobinski as one of 6 potential candidates for the job, but points out his lack of experience with a big-time football program.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
D West
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bobinski and ND?
Interesting they would point out Bobo's lack of football leadership but point out only the age (39) of the Georgetown candidate as being the issue with his hiring...............
How has the Hoya football team performed under his leadership?
I hope Mike stays at Xavier as long as Sean does but I wouldn't blame him for leaving. He's a quality leader and would be a great addition at ND. The good Lord knows that ND needs one. Man, that football program is pathetic.
How has the Hoya football team performed under his leadership?
I hope Mike stays at Xavier as long as Sean does but I wouldn't blame him for leaving. He's a quality leader and would be a great addition at ND. The good Lord knows that ND needs one. Man, that football program is pathetic.
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bobinski and ND?
Lets see now, professionaly Kevin White leaves South Bend Tech for the Dookies.
On his own.
Yeah, what else are the selling these days.
Kevin, a disaster of an AD, had to be shown the door with a nice going away check.
Look at Kevin's hires and that is easy to understand.
And Q is right, the AD job at XU is a helluva lot better than the one up north, and betcha Q is 100% right on that the X job pays more.
A long time ago when the SID job was open at ND, I was asked if I had interest, but when they said they paid less that XU, I couldn't get over it.
Besides I wouldn't have gone if it paid a lot more ... can't stand their arrogance.
On his own.
Yeah, what else are the selling these days.
Kevin, a disaster of an AD, had to be shown the door with a nice going away check.
Look at Kevin's hires and that is easy to understand.
And Q is right, the AD job at XU is a helluva lot better than the one up north, and betcha Q is 100% right on that the X job pays more.
A long time ago when the SID job was open at ND, I was asked if I had interest, but when they said they paid less that XU, I couldn't get over it.
Besides I wouldn't have gone if it paid a lot more ... can't stand their arrogance.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bobinski and ND?
Mike loves X and while there may come a time when he wants to leave I think he might be the type that leaves when they throw him his retirement party. I know he has chances to get positions which might be considered a step up and has shown no interest. Quite frankly I am surprised he didn't take the A-10 commissioner's job but he likes X and there is no two ways around it.
Mike, Sean and Kevin have a good working relationship and all want X to be THE POWERHOUSE. They have a administration that has proven they understand the needs and opportunities that big time men and women's basketball can help the school. Father Hoff showed them the blueprint through basketball to upgrade the university and Fr Graham appears to be a good disciple of Fr Hoff.
Mike, Sean and Kevin have a good working relationship and all want X to be THE POWERHOUSE. They have a administration that has proven they understand the needs and opportunities that big time men and women's basketball can help the school. Father Hoff showed them the blueprint through basketball to upgrade the university and Fr Graham appears to be a good disciple of Fr Hoff.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bobinski and ND?
Newest hot rumor from C-Bus re: OSU AD to ND ... "former player there ...:
"Smith, 52, who just started his fourth year at Ohio State, is the school's first black athletic director and also one of the highest paid in the country.
He has an annual salary and perks package worth more than $650,000."
Yeah, South Bend Tech will top that.
"Smith, 52, who just started his fourth year at Ohio State, is the school's first black athletic director and also one of the highest paid in the country.
He has an annual salary and perks package worth more than $650,000."
Yeah, South Bend Tech will top that.
-
xubuck
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bobinski and ND?
Thanks for this thread. I was out of the country and came back to read in my OSU newsletter that Gene Smith, their AD, said he wasn't interested(no wonder, he makes at least $750,000 and they also found a job for his wife. Doubt if ND could come close to that, and the pressure is actually worse.
I couldn't figure out if the previous AD had left or was fired.
I couldn't figure out if the previous AD had left or was fired.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 816 guests
