McGlade to be named A-10 commissioner

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: McGlade to be named A-10 commissioner

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:06 pm

But were any of those guys available, or, more importantly, interested? We're not going to get a Jim Delaney, so we should at least give her a chance.

If it turns out that she's not as good a commissioner as we think the A10 needs/deserves, THEN you can think about moving her out.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: McGlade to be named A-10 commissioner

Postby muskieman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:58 pm

I hope that in the last picture that the one person I trust had a big influence in the hire. I know how he feels about the bottom dwellers and have spoken to him a number of times about the problems of the A-10 schools that don't care or don't have the money.

I guess we will never know how many people they actually interviewed. I do hope this lady is the best of the best because she has a lot of work ahead. I have no preconceived ideas about her and I am willing to give her time to do her thing but just hope she is not brought in to be a phone operator because we have had that before.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Wisexuowl
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
Contact:

Re: McGlade to be named A-10 commissioner

Postby Wisexuowl » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:11 pm

My belief was we needed a Marketing/PR person.
She is a womans basketball person, and obviously she sold the ACC womans game well, but selling ACC womans baskteball was rather easy I would say with the swing the ACC Mens program has with TV moguls.
I see nothing her her background that tells me she can sell mens basketball .. but you know, I think that the A-10 membership ... sans Xavier and Dayton ... care a helluva lot more about all the other sports ... and I don't think that is true other conferences ... Big Ten (Football), SEC (Football), ACC (Basketball), Big East (Basketball), Big 12 (Football) and so on.
I hope she is top notch, does a great job, and we all will heap praise soon.
But I really don't want to see any "tweaking" and have it sold as upgrades.
Wisexuowl
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
Contact:

Re: McGlade to be named A-10 commissioner

Postby Wisexuowl » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:13 pm

BTW, MM .. what, if he wasn't confidential, did Father Graham have to say about the "bottom dwellers?"

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1159 guests