Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
-
HighlightReel12
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:39 am
- Contact:
Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
Rumor has it that former IU point guard Armon Bassett is very interested in Xavier. I wish we could free up a scholarship for him some how because the would be the missing piece. Bassett obviously has experience and would fit right in.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
Is he immediately eligible, or would he be an '09 guy?
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Masterofreality
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
Its a transfer, no matter what the circumstances are.
He'd have to sit out a year. Hell, how many point guards can we stand?
He'd have to sit out a year. Hell, how many point guards can we stand?
PAY THE MAN!!!!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
Bassett doesn't go to 2 meetings and is thrown off the team??? I wonder if that is all he did to get thrown off the team. I can see running stairs and other punishments before being thrown off the team.
This is just a rumor and without a link I will continue to be a skeptic.
This is just a rumor and without a link I will continue to be a skeptic.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
I think I mentioned this before, but IU sources/observers were saying that Bassett and Ellis wanted to quit after Sampson was forced out, but that IU persuaded them to stay by saying they'd get their release at the end of the season.
Then IU/Dakich decided to take a harder line and found a reason to dismiss both players.
Then IU/Dakich decided to take a harder line and found a reason to dismiss both players.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
HighlightReel12
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:39 am
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
He wouldn't get thrown off the team and personally I think he would be a good addition because he has 2 years experience at the point guard spot in the BIG 10 which is a lot tougher than the A10. I think he would have to sit out a year. He actually was recruited by Xavier as a high school senior but decided to go to Hargrave one year to get his grades up is what I heard. But it probably won't happen unless AD leaves the team or something freak happens with out incoming recruits because we have no scholarship available to give him.
-
MillerTime
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 am
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
No chance. PG is already full. Pre-holloway, this would have been an option.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
I'm sure I'll forget somebody, but we've got 13 guys on scholarship for next year. Is the number 13 or 14?
Anderson
Brown
Graves
Jackson
Love
McLean
Raymond
Taylor
Frease
Holloway
Redford
Lyons
Walsh
Anderson
Brown
Graves
Jackson
Love
McLean
Raymond
Taylor
Frease
Holloway
Redford
Lyons
Walsh
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
MillerTime
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 am
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
13 is the number...
Bassett will not be a muskie.
Bassett will not be a muskie.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
There's the odd chance Bassett could forego a scholarship for a year, but I admit it's not something I'd put much money on. I'm sure he'll have a lot of other choices available to him.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 880 guests
