Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
HighlightReel12
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:39 am
Contact:

Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Postby HighlightReel12 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:43 am

Rumor has it that former IU point guard Armon Bassett is very interested in Xavier. I wish we could free up a scholarship for him some how because the would be the missing piece. Bassett obviously has experience and would fit right in.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:58 am

Is he immediately eligible, or would he be an '09 guy?
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Masterofreality
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Postby Masterofreality » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:10 am

Its a transfer, no matter what the circumstances are.

He'd have to sit out a year. Hell, how many point guards can we stand?
PAY THE MAN!!!!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Postby muskieman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:18 pm

Bassett doesn't go to 2 meetings and is thrown off the team??? I wonder if that is all he did to get thrown off the team. I can see running stairs and other punishments before being thrown off the team.

This is just a rumor and without a link I will continue to be a skeptic.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:29 pm

I think I mentioned this before, but IU sources/observers were saying that Bassett and Ellis wanted to quit after Sampson was forced out, but that IU persuaded them to stay by saying they'd get their release at the end of the season.

Then IU/Dakich decided to take a harder line and found a reason to dismiss both players.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
HighlightReel12
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:39 am
Contact:

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Postby HighlightReel12 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:44 am

He wouldn't get thrown off the team and personally I think he would be a good addition because he has 2 years experience at the point guard spot in the BIG 10 which is a lot tougher than the A10. I think he would have to sit out a year. He actually was recruited by Xavier as a high school senior but decided to go to Hargrave one year to get his grades up is what I heard. But it probably won't happen unless AD leaves the team or something freak happens with out incoming recruits because we have no scholarship available to give him.
MillerTime
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 am
Contact:

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Postby MillerTime » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:52 pm

No chance. PG is already full. Pre-holloway, this would have been an option.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:23 pm

I'm sure I'll forget somebody, but we've got 13 guys on scholarship for next year. Is the number 13 or 14?

Anderson
Brown
Graves
Jackson
Love
McLean
Raymond
Taylor
Frease
Holloway
Redford
Lyons
Walsh
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
MillerTime
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 am
Contact:

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Postby MillerTime » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:26 pm

13 is the number...

Bassett will not be a muskie.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:40 pm

There's the odd chance Bassett could forego a scholarship for a year, but I admit it's not something I'd put much money on. I'm sure he'll have a lot of other choices available to him.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 942 guests