Thanks to muskieman for mentioning the book on Xavier basketball I just finished. I thought I'd provide a few details.
For those of you who don't know, I covered Xavier from 1996-2000 for The Enquirer and also covered the end of Pete's tenure (the NIT run, his leaving, Skip's arrival).
I spent about a year and a half interviewing more than 75 former players, coaches and staff members, collecting their favorite stories from when they were at Xavier. I talked to guys from the late 1940s through last season's seniors.
There are probably 250 or so stories in the book (I haven't counted them up yet) and 288 pages (14 chapters). I am trying to have the books in hand by late August.
One reason I am encouraging people to order them now is that once I decide how many to print (in two weeks), it is unlikely there will be a second run. So there will be a limited number of books available.
Anyway, it's been fun to work on. Seems like ages since I started the project. Hope you'll all enjoy it.
If you have questions, ask away ...
Michael Perry
Order at http://www.xaviertales.com
Xavier book details
-
xaviertales
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:44 pm
- Contact:
-
gundun
- Posts: 1050
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Xavier book details
Michael, I ordered a copy and look forward to reading it. However, my computer's security system warned me that your payment site wasn't secure.
Was that an oversight or an error on my part? I admit to being an old-timer and more a computer-user than an operator.
Was that an oversight or an error on my part? I admit to being an old-timer and more a computer-user than an operator.
-
xaviertales
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Xavier book details
I will check into that and let you know what I fund out.
-
gundun
- Posts: 1050
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Xavier book details
Thanks
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Xavier book details
I already ordered mine as well.
I'm particularly looking forward to the section on XU message boards and their moderators, and how they've been such a big part of Xavier's ever-growing popularity and recognition.
Kidding.
I'm particularly looking forward to the section on XU message boards and their moderators, and how they've been such a big part of Xavier's ever-growing popularity and recognition.
Kidding.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Masterofreality
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Xavier book details
Kidding? Why?Mr. Neutral wrote:I already ordered mine as well.
I'm particularly looking forward to the section on XU message boards and their moderators, and how they've been such a big part of Xavier's ever-growing popularity and recognition.
Kidding.
I ordered my book specifically to read about the board moderator that A). Has had his own board, B). Became an admin of Musketeer Madness and C). Has a prominent on camera role in a certain episode of E- True Hollywood Story.
I thought that somehow there would be reflected glory on me since I used to have beers sold to me by said moderator at Dana Gardens and I might get a tiny mention.
My dreams have been dashed.
(but I didn't cancel my order).
PAY THE MAN!!!!
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Xavier book details
Don't worry, MOR, when the documentary "Musketeer Madness: The Untold Story" comes out, you'll get more than enough mentions.
Especially the part about how the Class of '72 had a GPA only slightly higher than their blood alcohol levels.
Especially the part about how the Class of '72 had a GPA only slightly higher than their blood alcohol levels.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
tjkummer
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:37 am
- Contact:
Re: Xavier book details
I've ordered my copy, and forwarded the page to family and friends.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Xavier book details
now wait a minute. our Blood alcohol levels were around 3.25 which would make us rather smart!Mr. Neutral wrote:Don't worry, MOR, when the documentary "Musketeer Madness: The Untold Story" comes out, you'll get more than enough mentions.
Especially the part about how the Class of '72 had a GPA only slightly higher than their blood alcohol levels.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
xaviertales
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Xavier book details
gundun,
i talked to the folks who run the Web site regarding your security question. they said the landing page at http://www.xaviertales.com may not be secure but absolutely the page is where you place your order and provide info. not to worry.
mp
i talked to the folks who run the Web site regarding your security question. they said the landing page at http://www.xaviertales.com may not be secure but absolutely the page is where you place your order and provide info. not to worry.
mp
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 948 guests
