J Crawford

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

J Crawford

Postby muskieman » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:20 am

Crawford it appears will choose a school this weekend, per Lexington Herald. http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/451107.html
Xavier is on the list along with Cincinnati, Texas and Oklahoma. Kentucky, which was said to be on the list, did not express interest in Jordan, Sylvia Crawford said Wednesday. When asked what the family heard from UK, Sylvia Crawford said, ”Uh, well, we didn't.“
http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/451107.html

I also hear that UC might not be his destination.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
xavierj
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:45 pm
Contact:

Re: J Crawford

Postby xavierj » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:35 am

Heard as of last night he is unofficially officially a musketeer. Big time talent with nba potential. Don't know how the ships will work out but word should be out today or tomorrow. There have been rumors out of Indiana for a while that he was heading to Xavier.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: J Crawford

Postby muskieman » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:56 am

I heard that but nothing offical so to me it is just a rumor. The ships should work out if what I hear is true but actually, I hope what I heard is not true.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Brian Fantana
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:24 pm
Contact:

Re: J Crawford

Postby Brian Fantana » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:42 am

I would guess that Andrew taylor from Toledo will be asked to take one for the team.
"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time."
Murph85
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: J Crawford

Postby Murph85 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:32 pm

Getting this guy would be a real blow to the incoming freshmen who may have committed to X due to favorable chances of playing time their freshman year.

It would however give us someone who could step in early (Duke ) and run the offense from game one.

I am not sure about the scholarship numbers as far as availability, but this would be a real step towards a big season next year assuming he can play.
muskienick
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: J Crawford

Postby muskienick » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Murph85,

Jordan Crawford played for Indiana University during the 2007-2008 season and must sit out a year when transferring to another D-1 institution (like Xavier).

The only problem I see (other than the scholarship situation) is the logjam of players graduating (or completing their college eligibility) in 2012. For the Muskies, that would be Redford, Walsh, Lyons, Holloway, Frease, and Crawford (if he transfers to Xavier).

Didn't I read on another thread either here or elsewhere that a current Muskie has an injury that could prevent him from ever playing again (like Barker from a few years ago)? I hope that isn't true, but it would solve the scholarship problem.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
Muskie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:16 pm
Contact:

Re: J Crawford

Postby Muskie » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:31 pm

This is now the third time I've seen the rumor about someone being injured. I hope it's not true.
MuskieCinci
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: J Crawford

Postby MuskieCinci » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:07 pm

I really want to find out soon what is going on with Jordan Crawford. He is a great talent, but with so many people that would be in his class and position, plus the fact that we have no scholarships, I am very skeptical that this can happen. I need someone to confirm what he is going to do and stop all of the rumors.
XU 87
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:34 am
Contact:

Re: J Crawford

Postby XU 87 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:27 am

For what it's worth, a poster on Rivals is saying that Crawford is coming to Xavier. I don't know this poster, but I know someone who does. And I've been told that said poster knows what he's talking about.

So there you have it.
brownlavender
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: J Crawford

Postby brownlavender » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:07 pm

just think of the possibilities if this is indeed true. D Brown's senior year, A mature Frease, A solid backcourt with all these new guards coming in developing. X basketball just continues to rise to new levels and I must say it is very very exciting as a fan

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 785 guests