James Posey & David West, old Xavier rosters

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
_LH
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: James Posey & David West, old Xavier rosters

Postby _LH » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:23 am

I am pretty sure Posey did not have a chance at another year. Prop 48 players did not have that option back then.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: James Posey & David West, old Xavier rosters

Postby muskieman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:33 am

Actually, he did but X and Posey did not pursue it.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
_LH
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: James Posey & David West, old Xavier rosters

Postby _LH » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:58 am

I am pretty sure he did not have the option as he was a non qualifier and unlike Chalmers (a partial qualifier) was not eligible for the 5th season.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: James Posey & David West, old Xavier rosters

Postby muskieman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:58 pm

_LH wrote:I am pretty sure he did not have the option as he was a non qualifier and unlike Chalmers (a partial qualifier) was not eligible for the 5th season.
Then you know more than Posey.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
_LH
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: James Posey & David West, old Xavier rosters

Postby _LH » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Actually MM, Posey and I both know he did not have the option for a 5th year because he was a Prop 48 Non-Qualifier.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: James Posey & David West, old Xavier rosters

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:42 pm

For what it's worth, my recollection was that, under eligibility rules in place at the time, that JP did not have a 4th year available to him.

But I could be wrong.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
_LH
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: James Posey & David West, old Xavier rosters

Postby _LH » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:15 pm

http://www.enquirer.com/xavier/1999/02/ ... _take.html

http://www.enquirer.com/xavier/1998/10/102898posey.html

http://www.enquirer.com/xavier/season97.html

You are correct Gary. Chalmers was a PARTIAL qualifier and therefore had the option for a 5th year as long as he graduated in 4 years.

Posey was a NON qualifier and sadly did not have the option.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: James Posey & David West, old Xavier rosters

Postby muskieman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:44 pm

Like I said it was funny that Posey said he wished he would have stayed one more year at X. Not could...would.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
_LH
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: James Posey & David West, old Xavier rosters

Postby _LH » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:33 am

He never said that. Your memory is failing you. Sorry.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 781 guests