.491 BAL and we thought we were drunk

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

.491 BAL and we thought we were drunk

Postby muskieman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:08 pm

http://www.wral.com/news/strange/story/3250027/

A level of 0.30 is classified as stupor, 0.4 is comatose and 0.5 is considered fatal, according to the health department.

No wonder we were called stupor or was that stupid!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: .491 BAL and we thought we were drunk

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:17 pm

<<Kobierowski, 34, of North Providence, was arrested after he drove into a highway message board>>

Well, those darn message boards often look just like a two-lane highway! Fight this all the way, Mr. K!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
passthepuck?
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: .491 BAL and we thought we were drunk

Postby passthepuck? » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:36 pm

In 1985 a buddy of mine was hit head on by a guy here in Cincinnati going the wrong way on I-74. He has not physically been the same since. It was the defendant’s 5th DUI and if memory serves his bac was close to this guy’s. The dirty little truth to Mother’s Against Drunk Driving is that although anyone can get liquored up and something horrible can happen, it is the repeat offenders, who don’t care about a license or insurance who are the real problem. I am guessing our drunken friend up east has done this before.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: .491 BAL and we thought we were drunk

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:43 pm

<< it is the repeat offenders, who don’t care about a license or insurance who are the real problem.>>

Absolutely. The only way the police could possibly keep these losers off the road would be to stop every car on every road every day, and jail the offenders. Ain't gonna happen, though it should.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
passthepuck?
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: .491 BAL and we thought we were drunk

Postby passthepuck? » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:54 pm

Mr. N: I wish there was a solution, but I believe that lowing the bac to .08 is not it, as it makes the net far to big. I would not be surprised if our drunken friend up East has a .08 bac at all times. A couple of years ago I came across a guy who had the Guardian Interlock in his car via court order (another multiple offender). He just went out and bought a used truck via private sale, got polluted and hit guy head on. Fortunately, his lower limits insurance (another real problem) followed him into the new vehicle and there was coverage at least to a limited extent. Sadly, the guy he hit suffered permanent injury and did not have any coverage of his own beyond liability.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: .491 BAL and we thought we were drunk

Postby muskieman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:26 pm

It always seems like the drunk is not the one hurt in an accident.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
brownlavender
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: .491 BAL and we thought we were drunk

Postby brownlavender » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:42 am

I think i could out drink this guy, would be a good contest. Although I did learn not to drink and drive after the first dui. Instead now i just stay home and post stupid messages on here
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: .491 BAL and we thought we were drunk

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:00 am

<<Instead now i just stay home and post stupid messages on here>>

Damn! You've blown our cover! Now everyone will know why we post the goofy stuff we do!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
passthepuck?
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: .491 BAL and we thought we were drunk

Postby passthepuck? » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:33 am

Brownlavender: Do you drink and post, or just post? The former would explain a lot, the latter is just scary.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 982 guests