...but I'm guessing his #5 and #13 choices will ruffle some feathers on this board.
Top 10 Basketball Coaches
How does your list go?
Mine goes something like this
1.Rick Pitino
2.John Calipari
3.Ben Howland
4.Coach K
5.Bob Huggins
6.Billy Gillispie
7.Jim Calhoun
8.Tom Izzo
9.Bill Self
10.Bo Ryan
Next Tier
11.Roy Williams
12.Billy Donovan
13.Thad Matta
14.Sean Miller
15.Rick Barnes
http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=307562
Blogger ranks Miller #14 college coach...
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Blogger ranks Miller #14 college coach...
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
confusedbulldog
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Blogger ranks Miller #14 college coach...
Odd to have two coaches who haven't won championships ranked higher then one that's won three.
I guess that winning NCAA championships wasn't a big factor with this guy (Sorry Bo, DIII doesn't apply)
I'd say the real proving point this year would be if old Roy can win with his NBA team.
I guess that winning NCAA championships wasn't a big factor with this guy (Sorry Bo, DIII doesn't apply)
I'd say the real proving point this year would be if old Roy can win with his NBA team.
UNC is the Darfur of intelligence.
XU fans don't root for UC football.
XU fans don't root for UC football.
-
XUdenver
- Posts: 186
- Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Blogger ranks Miller #14 college coach...
Unfortunately, I think you have to move ol' Beaknose a little higher on your list. Considering the remarkable amount of success he has had in a very short time span, with 3 different teams, warrants at least top 10 consideration.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Blogger ranks Miller #14 college coach...
It is amazing what illusion versus reality has to play in this list.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Blogger ranks Miller #14 college coach...
My Top Ten:
1. Sean Miller
2. Ron Williams
3. Ben Howland
4. Jim Calhoun
5. Rick Barnes
6. Billy Donovan
7. John Capalari
8. MK
9. Bill Self
10. Phil Martelli
1. Sean Miller
2. Ron Williams
3. Ben Howland
4. Jim Calhoun
5. Rick Barnes
6. Billy Donovan
7. John Capalari
8. MK
9. Bill Self
10. Phil Martelli
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Blogger ranks Miller #14 college coach...
Who's this "Ron" Williams fella? Or "Capalari"?
I'm a bigger fan of Roy Williams and John Calipari, but that's just me.
I'm a bigger fan of Roy Williams and John Calipari, but that's just me.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Blogger ranks Miller #14 college coach...
What was amazing with the original list was the guy was a Tennessee Fan and B Pearl was not on his list. No Gary not Bob Pearl!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Blogger ranks Miller #14 college coach...
Picky Picky ....
OK, Corrected Top Ten
My Top Ten:
1. Sean Miller
2. Roy Williams
3. Ben Howland
4. Jim Calhoun
5. Rick Barnes
6. Billy Donovan
7. John Calipari
8. MK
9. Bill Self
10. Phil Martelli
OK, Corrected Top Ten
My Top Ten:
1. Sean Miller
2. Roy Williams
3. Ben Howland
4. Jim Calhoun
5. Rick Barnes
6. Billy Donovan
7. John Calipari
8. MK
9. Bill Self
10. Phil Martelli
-
confusedbulldog
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Blogger ranks Miller #14 college coach...
My Top 10
1. Mike Krzyzewski
2. Jim Calhoun
3. Rick Pitino
4. Jim Boeheim
5. Lute Olson
6. Ben Howland
7. Bob Huggins
8. Tom Izzo
9. Bo Ryan
10. John Calipari
Honorable Mention
Gary Williams
Billy Donovan
Bill Self
1. Mike Krzyzewski
2. Jim Calhoun
3. Rick Pitino
4. Jim Boeheim
5. Lute Olson
6. Ben Howland
7. Bob Huggins
8. Tom Izzo
9. Bo Ryan
10. John Calipari
Honorable Mention
Gary Williams
Billy Donovan
Bill Self
UNC is the Darfur of intelligence.
XU fans don't root for UC football.
XU fans don't root for UC football.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Blogger ranks Miller #14 college coach...
CONFUSED
Bob Huggins before Gary Williams?
The same Gary Williams that has 12 NCAA Tournament berths in the last 14 seasons, seven Sweet Sixteen appearances, a pair of consecutive Final Four showings, and the 2002 national championship. And he did it starting with a troubled program. With 585 career victories in 29 seasons overall, Williams is the seventh-winningest active head coach in NCAA Division I men's basketball. A winner of nearly 70 percent of his NCAA Tournament games while at Maryland, he ranks ninth among active coaches in NCAA Tournament winning percentage overall (27-14, .658), and ninth in wins (27).
Maybe you like Bob in "the suit"
Bob Huggins before Gary Williams?
The same Gary Williams that has 12 NCAA Tournament berths in the last 14 seasons, seven Sweet Sixteen appearances, a pair of consecutive Final Four showings, and the 2002 national championship. And he did it starting with a troubled program. With 585 career victories in 29 seasons overall, Williams is the seventh-winningest active head coach in NCAA Division I men's basketball. A winner of nearly 70 percent of his NCAA Tournament games while at Maryland, he ranks ninth among active coaches in NCAA Tournament winning percentage overall (27-14, .658), and ninth in wins (27).
Maybe you like Bob in "the suit"
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 760 guests
