Today's Chgo. Sun-Times reports that former Univ. of Illinois standout Deron Williams gave the U. of I. athletic dept. a check for $300,000 during an alumni basketball game this weekend.
I know guys have mentioned Grant, West and Hill helping out X, but I can't recall the specifics.
I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
a number of players have been very generous to X and not just the pro guys.Mr. Neutral wrote:Today's Chgo. Sun-Times reports that former Univ. of Illinois standout Deron Williams gave the U. of I. athletic dept. a check for $300,000 during an alumni basketball game this weekend.
I know guys have mentioned Grant, West and Hill helping out X, but I can't recall the specifics.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
How about all golfers contributing an amount equal to their annual green fees.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
-
wkrq59
- Posts: 1508
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
- Contact:
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
most of the pros and former pros have been very generous to their alma mater and almost to a man have asked not to have their generosity publicized.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Shadow you would solve any of Xavier's future monetary problems with just two of them ....One from the windy city and one from the tribe town. Actually, if either one of these guys did that X would rival Harvard in endowment.Shadow wrote:How about all golfers contributing an amount equal to their annual green fees.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Or guys who drive their camper all over the country could give an amount equal to all their gasoline expenses!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
I knew that was coming.Mr. Neutral wrote:Or guys who drive their camper all over the country could give an amount equal to all their gasoline expenses!
BTW, it's a 40' top of the line coach currently parked in northern NM near Taos and I burn diesel.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Apparently, diesel is more of a mixed blessing than it used to be.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/autom ... nted=print
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/autom ... nted=print
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
I burn that because of the power it gives me. This unit weighs 14 tons and I still get 8.5 gpm. Still the cheapest way to travel and as I've said before, "I know who was in my bed every night I've had it". If you should ever happen to be in NE AZ and drive from Canyon de Chelly NP toward Shiprock, NM, picture going over Buffalo Pass in a 40 footer towing a PT Cruiser. Great view from the top, actually quite awesome. Today was a snap coming over the Wolf Creek Pass in CO after visiting the Great Sand Dunes NP yesterday.Mr. Neutral wrote:Apparently, diesel is more of a mixed blessing than it used to be.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/autom ... nted=print
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Shadow wrote:I burn that because of the power it gives me. This unit weighs 14 tons and I still get 8.5 gpm. Still the cheapest way to travel and as I've said before, "I know who was in my bed every night I've had it". If you should ever happen to be in NE AZ and drive from Canyon de Chelly NP toward Shiprock, NM, picture going over Buffalo Pass in a 40 footer towing a PT Cruiser. Great view from the top, actually quite awesome. Today was a snap coming over the Wolf Creek Pass in CO after visiting the Great Sand Dunes NP yesterday.Mr. Neutral wrote:Apparently, diesel is more of a mixed blessing than it used to be.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/autom ... nted=print
And yet we never see any photos!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 833 guests
