...the dreaded "midmajor" term again.
http://www.nbadraft.net/2008-09midmajorprospects.htm
Nice pub for Derrick Brown, but...
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Nice pub for Derrick Brown, but...
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Nice pub for Derrick Brown, but...
They live in the past, we don't.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Nice pub for Derrick Brown, but...
Actually, I used "dreaded" somewhat tongue in cheek. I personally could give a **** if we're called midmajor or highmajor. If we deserve publicity and tourney bids, we'll get them. Guys on this (and predecessor) boards often argued that we should get more pub than we had actually earned. They expected every commentator/writer across the country to have X #1 in their hearts like we do, which, of course, is unrealistic and incorrect.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
gym from delhi
- Posts: 733
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: Nice pub for Derrick Brown, but...
Along with kudos for drug dealer Josh Heytfelt..
-
XU84
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:54 am
- Contact:
Re: Nice pub for Derrick Brown, but...
We could win the NCAA Torunament and we'd still be considered mid-major. The term just doesn't bother me. In fact, it makes it that much better when we beat a 'major' program.
This article is more upsetting in that it assumes Brown will be drafted next spring. I'm hoping that actually happens in '10.
This article is more upsetting in that it assumes Brown will be drafted next spring. I'm hoping that actually happens in '10.
-
wkrq59
- Posts: 1508
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
- Contact:
Re: Nice pub for Derrick Brown, but...
Derrick has been advised by several NBA scouts to stay in school and even get an advanced degree while he develops his skills, which include a very high percentage of accuracy from 18 feet in. As one put it, "He won't be ready by next May regardless, and he stands to be a lottery if he stays." 
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Nice pub for Derrick Brown, but...
of course "Q" that could all change with these guys if he has a super year which we all hope and pray he does have....
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
xukeith
- Posts: 3737
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:54 pm
Re: Nice pub for Derrick Brown, but...
Any consolation but Memphis is a mid major too according to their To be watched list.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 893 guests
