Mizzou game thread-1st half

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou game thread-1st half

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:09 pm

29-24 Mizzou.

Not a good 1st half for X, except for McLean's play.
We continue to throw the ball around like a hot potato.

Missouri has 9 more shots than X.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
AlabamaMuskie
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:42 am
Contact:

Re: Mizzou game thread-1st half

Postby AlabamaMuskie » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:12 pm

The tone and numbers of last 2:30 are vital.
The former AsuncionMuskie
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou game thread-1st half

Postby muskieman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:15 pm

After being down some hard play and good rebounding got X up by 2 but refs just put MU at line and they have been money from the line. 1st made.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou game thread-1st half

Postby Shadow » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Those missed free throws will haunt them.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou game thread-1st half

Postby muskieman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:18 pm

This might be the game when the foul shooting kills X. for 11 in 1 st half.

Brown hits 3 and x up 35-32
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou game thread-1st half

Postby Shadow » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:19 pm

In the locker room with a small lead.
Start the second half thread MM.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou game thread-1st half

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:22 pm

Not exactly a smooth first half, but a lead's a lead.

I have to figure that Mizzou's not going to shoot 31% in the 2nd half. I can only hope that we tighten up our FT shooting and hold on to the damn ball!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou game thread-1st half

Postby muskieman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:29 pm

X had been holding opponents below 30% in 1st half....the problem is they let them increase their % in the second half. They can not let that happen today. As for TOs they need to take care of the balls but they have not been making them to MU where Mu gets a breakout and easy 2 pointers.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1074 guests