Memphis game thread 2nd half thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Memphis game thread 2nd half thread

Postby muskieman » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:45 pm

Guys looked okay and while Memphis looks like they are coming on with Brown out X held onto the lead.

X play the second half with intensity and bring home the trophy. Your D can bring you through this IF the refs will call a better game.

Memphis normally plays a tough second half and X has shown they have been shooting at a lower clip in the second half.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
yellow20xd
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:41 am
Contact:

Re: Memphis game thread 2nd half thread

Postby yellow20xd » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:47 pm

D Brown has to step up. He's our best player and now must prove it... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Memphis game thread 2nd half thread

Postby muskieman » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:50 pm

X shot 44 to 27% for Memphis FT 64.3 for memphis and X at 57.1%

both teams have 4 assists and MU had one more rebound than X.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
gundun
Posts: 1050
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Memphis game thread 2nd half thread

Postby gundun » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:50 pm

BTW, is the TV so good that this tournament can make money? I have seen bigger crowds at grade school games.
XavierTragedy
Posts: 734
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Memphis game thread 2nd half thread

Postby XavierTragedy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:50 pm

A little skittish toward the end of the first half. Keep their composure...X has been a steady second half team themselves--so far this season.

I am sure this has already been mentioned by one of my fellow posters, but a win tonight and the dance ticket is punched......
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Memphis game thread 2nd half thread

Postby muskieman » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:52 pm

XavierTragedy wrote:A little skittish toward the end of the first half. Keep their composure...X has been a steady second half team themselves--so far this season.

I am sure this has already been mentioned by one of my fellow posters, but a win tonight and the dance ticket is punched......
I doubt if you can be sure of that but it will be a good credential.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
yellow20xd
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:41 am
Contact:

Re: Memphis game thread 2nd half thread

Postby yellow20xd » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:54 pm

Did Brown pick up his 3rd?... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Memphis game thread 2nd half thread

Postby muskieman » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:55 pm

gundun, this a tourist trade promotion and TV does pay most of the costs. Advertisement is also a big thing there for local businesses. Hawaii tourneys also have low attendance in very small gyms.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Memphis game thread 2nd half thread

Postby muskieman » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:58 pm

If he did (Brown) the stat sheets don't show it yet.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
yellow20xd
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:41 am
Contact:

Re: Memphis game thread 2nd half thread

Postby yellow20xd » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Brown has done squat!!! Pick it up... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 858 guests