The Old Days

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
_LH
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Contact:

The Old Days

Postby _LH » Thu Sep 17, 2026 12:24 pm

Where is everyone?
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26785
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: The Old Days

Postby muskieman » Thu Sep 17, 2026 4:24 pm

I guess I am the only one excited about the season. Where have you been?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops
Posts: 3926
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: The Old Days

Postby skyhops » Mon Sep 21, 2026 10:16 am

Skyhops and the Skyhops family are excited
Kevin Reilly
Posts: 1019
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: The Old Days

Postby Kevin Reilly » Tue Sep 22, 2026 7:13 pm

I think everyone is hopeful but with this N.I.L. era and the entire roster changing every year people don't know what to expect . We hardly know the team. In the old days you had 3-4 new guys every year. So everyone had a fair idea of the talent level of the returning team. Now we basically go into the season blind. I think all of us are excited but kind of worried at the same time. A return to the tournament would help a lot.
_LH
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: The Old Days

Postby _LH » Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:00 am

I agree. It was so much better before NIL. I still get excited when Xavier plays and has big wins but it is not remotely the same.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26785
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: The Old Days

Postby muskieman » Wed Sep 30, 2026 5:05 pm

_LH wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:00 am
I agree. It was so much better before NIL. I still get excited when Xavier plays and has big wins but it is not remotely the same.
Much like all sports today, when money got too big for some teams. Change happens; many times, we don't like it because we feel comfortable with the "good old days," but we complained in the good old days too.

What scares me is that X had a decent amount this year, but how do we sustain it when AH and Skyhops are not getting any younger? Do they have the basketball program in their wills? Will they endow the program with some of their generational wealth? I know "old single-digit" has coughed up big bucks this year, and it's too bad Shadow isn't around, because we know how wealthy dentists are. May he rest in peace and keep sitting on the backboard with Hoff tipping a few shots away as appropriate.

I think we will be happy with what we see from guys like Kalek House this year (he has a good bloodline), and Tru Washington is said to be a demon on defense...I hope so. My guess is that every day, Filip's eligibility is getting slimmer and slimmer.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 566 guests